Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Would You Buy The Radiant VII Republic Cruiser?

I am continuing my new thread series.

This will discuss ONLY the vehicle in the title of the thread (in this case the Radiant VII Republic Cruiser from The Phantom Menace).

I will cover several unmade vehicles for the action figures per week, choosing them from a rotating schedule through the movies and the Expanded Universe.

I'll order it TPM, AOTC, ROTS, ANH, ESB, ROTJ, EU, and then keep going back through the order in that manner.

So here I'm only asking you if you'd buy the the Radiant VII Republic Cruiser from The Phantom Menace?

I envision this vehicle for the $100 price range possibly. At least it should be. This ship doesn't need to be too elaborate and they can make it way underscale.

However, the bridge should hold 4 figures, Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, and 2 Republic Officers, or whomever one sees fit. The cockpit doesn't need to be any larger than the BMF's though.

This vehicle could come with electronics and the engines in the back might light up and make noise, and a landing ramp might come down like the BMF's does.

The "salon pod" underneath the cockpit should hold 4 or more figures and maybe have a strategy table like Admiral Yularen comes with for Clone Wars.
    Moreover, it could detach as an escape vehicle.

Do you want it made? How about for a $70 price range if Hasbro cuts out the electronics?

What other features would you want on it?

Why would you NOT want it?

How do you think it would sell if produced?

This vehicle was again seen in Clone Wars. So kids might recognize it with future appearances.

Is it cool enough that you want to see the animated series feature it more?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

At first I thought yes, but that ship sounds huge. I had always imagined something smaller the original Falcon with a two seater cockpit and room for a couple figures in the back. But this is a ship where little happens and even scaled down I still think I'd have to pass.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Probably one of the coolest looking prequel vehicle designs because it would fit almost seamlessly into the OT. However, no, I would not buy a toy of it. Like so many of these other choices, it's just too big and too expensive.

if it gets us closer to getting the tantive IV made, i'd buy one.

This is one time where I think I'd prefer for them to sacrifice scale, severely. Make it about the size of a Y-wing with a price point of around the basic vehicles now. 2 seater cockpit, no other interior. I would probalby only buy it to make a custom Corellian Gunship or YV series transport anyways.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Are these the ships that take off from coruscant at the end of AOTC? Thats all I really remember. ROTS is just a mindless blur of colours.

My answer would be probably no unless it had some seriously cool detailed interiors. All these huge ships really need to have great figure interaction since they're all going to be so hugely scaled down as to be useless for representing the capital starships which are supposed to dwarf everything else. With all of these I would bank on and accept no possibility for realistic interraction with other vehicles - only loads of figures.

But anyway I would favour the big OT ships over any of the big PT ships. They had more screentime for one.

No. Remember, this is a Phantom Menace poll question's turn. An AOTC vehicle will be in the next poll.

The Radiant VII is the ship that Qui-Gon Jinn and young Obi-Wan arrive in at the beginning of Episode One. It's destroyed shortly after landing in the Trade Federation ship's hanger. However, the same make and model of ship has been seen in Clone Wars, as these ships are still in service only 10 years later. Star Destroyers were their upgrade for Republic mission ships after the war began at the very end of AOTC.

Again, this is the red ship from the start of TPM.

And yes, a scaled-down version of this - but I'd still prefer a 4-seat cockpit and hold room for troops or Jedi or other Republic officials - would be about right. Maybe they could pull this off for $70, but I doubt it. For $100, we'd get something the size of the Queen's Royal Starship.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I'd have to see it built before I could make a call. It sounds great, but it also sounds like something that could be buggered very easily.

I don't think I would buy it. It's a neat ship but outside of exploding, it really doesn't do anything in the movie.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-