Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Would You Buy Padme's StarSkiff Vehicle (from ROTS)?

I am continuing my new thread series.

This will discuss ONLY the vehicle in the title of the thread (in this case Padme's StarSkiff Vehicle from Revenge of the Sith).

I will cover several unmade vehicles for the action figures per week, choosing them from a rotating schedule through the movies and the Expanded Universe.

I'll order it TPM, AOTC, ROTS, ANH, ESB, ROTJ, EU, and then keep going back through the order in that manner.

So here I'm only asking you if you'd buy Padme's StarSkiff Vehicle from Revenge of the Sith?

I envision this vehicle for the $70 price range possibly, though it should be much cheaper - really. This ship doesn't need to be too elaborate and it's not that large, plus they can make it way underscale.

However, the cockpit should hold 2 figures, Padme and Typho, or C-3PO, and recently in Clone Wars, Anakin.

This vehicle should come "bare bones" with perhaps an opening ramp and a top panel you can remove to access empty cabin space with a hiding compartment for Obi-Wan (I took it that was a closet or the bathroom in ROTS).

Do you want this ship made?

What other features would you want on it?

Why would you NOT want it?

What price range is fair, and what is predictable for this to be retailed for?

How do you think it would sell if produced?

This vehicle was seen in Clone Wars multiple times. So kids might recognize it.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Probably not. I have scant interest in toys from ROTS generally as I think its the very worst SW film. IMO no vehicle got enough screentime in that film to warrant being made, at least none that have not been made already.

I thought I might buy the turbo tank when pics of that first showed up because I thought it looked pretty cool however I still haven't bought it to date. Not even sure I will when it gets reduced. I just can't muster any enthusiasm for a blink&miss vehicle from a blink&miss segment of ROTS. Thus padme's ship would fare even worse for me.

I think it was stupid that she had to have a different ship in every film. Same goes for the jedi. For me its another reason the prequels are inferior. No vehicles that tie all the films together such as the OT had with the Falcon, x-wings, TIE fighters and star destroyer. It just kinda came across as a cynical 'because we can' rather than having any in-universe reason for it.

Nope. Same problems as all the other Nubian vessels. They can't do the finish right, so easily passable. No way they could make it large enough to have all the "room" from the interies we do see. Also, Clone Wars seems to have a different layout than the movie again.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

I'll echo Devo, though I think it's second-worst. Take out the stupid Clonetrooper variants who were clearly cooked up for toy sales, the repeat Jedi (even if they had ugly masks that bore little resemblance to the character as seen in the previous movie), and there's not much left. And, of what there is, I'm only interested in Queen Apailana, Cin Drallig, Jocasta Nu, Owen in Luke's tunic, maybe a couple of senators, and the cut-scene Clonetrooper in Jedi robes as far as currently unconfirmed stuff goes. I can't think of a single vehicle from the movie I need or want.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Yeah, this ship would be a pass even though it's been seen in at least the most recent CW episode. There are other ships from ROTS I'd be more interested in.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Didn't we already vote on this ship? Exactly how is it different from the chromed-pickle she flew in AOTC?

Just the fact that I have no real memory of this ship gets it a no vote from me. As we approach the 5th anniversary of ROTS, the prequels are becoming more and more forgettable. TPM is still the only one that seems to stand the test of time.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    As we approach the 5th anniversary of ROTS, the prequels are becoming more and more forgettable. TPM is still the only one that seems to stand the test of time.
    Well there are parts of AOTC that I still think were good but yeah overall TPM is holding up the best for me. Could be nostalgia goggles but of all of them its seems the most Star warsy, anakins bad acting can be excused because its a child actor (and he was certainly the best of those that were auditioned), Liam neeson was great, Maul was cool, the soundtrack was Williams' best of his PT work etc etc. It still seems to be more popular to point to TPM as the pinnacle of SW crappiness but I reckon ROTS comes off worse.

no. i'd pass on it if made.

I'm surprised at everyone's hatred of ROTS, while not the best star wars movie it had some pretty amazing scenes. The battle over coruscant was very good as were the Dooku and Grievous moments. Kashyyk was short but sweet. The Mustafar duel was exciting even though the outcome is predictable. The worst thing for me was watching all the main characters get killed throughout the movie until you're left with only 3 or 4. As for the vehicle I'd be interested if they got the exterior right. Look at the shine of Padme's ship from TPM and then look at the toy that was made, that's the issue.

The only parts of ROTS I liked were the Dooku duel and the climactic Vader/obi-wan duel. I didn't particularly rate any of the other bits you mention. Grievous was a pointless, time wasting villain, just another excuse for more CGI. His role should have been filled by Dooku. And the battle over coruscant wasn't a patch on the DSII space battle.