Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Modern Family on ABC, Wednesdays at 9:00 PM

[FONT=Courier New]I am a little surprised that there isn't a thread for this show (at least that I could find).[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]This is an amazingly funny show. Well written jokes and dialogue, likeable characters, and just the right amount of awkwardness and inappropriate situations.[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]I missed the first 2-3 episodes, but I have been watching (and in turn encouraging my wife to watch) this show religously since.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Is anyone else watching this show? Any thoughts?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

I have to admit that I am totally loving this show... along with the The Middle. Ty Burrell plays the Michael Scott-type character better than Steve Carrell has in at least three seasons of The Office now. It's very much in the vein of The Office and Arrested Development. This makes it a great pairing with The Middle, which reminds me of Roseanne, Arrested Development and Malcom in the Middle.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartner View Post
    I have to admit that I am totally loving this show... along with the The Middle. Ty Burrell plays the Michael Scott-type character better than Steve Carrell has in at least three seasons of The Office now. It's very much in the vein of The Office and Arrested Development. This makes it a great pairing with The Middle, which reminds me of Roseanne, Arrested Development and Malcom in the Middle.
    [FONT=Courier New]I like The Middle, it's very sweet and weird, and has a lot of heart, but I think that almost too much like Malcolm in the Middle just old from the mom's perspective. Especially with Atticus Schaffer's character Brick. He's the only cast member that made it from the 2007 pilot over to the finished series (IMDB).[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I like that Patricia Heaton can play a different character from Debra and not be the condescending, borderline shrewish wife she was on Raymond.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I agree with you about Ty Burrell being more Michael Scott than Steve Carell's Michael Scott. His character is amazingly clueless. And hilarious.[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Ando View Post
    [FONT=Courier New]I like The Middle, it's very sweet and weird, and has a lot of heart, but I think that almost too much like Malcolm in the Middle just old from the mom's perspective. Especially with Atticus Schaffer's character Brick. He's the only cast member that made it from the 2007 pilot over to the finished series (IMDB).[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I like that Patricia Heaton can play a different character from Debra and not be the condescending, borderline shrewish wife she was on Raymond.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I agree with you about Ty Burrell being more Michael Scott than Steve Carell's Michael Scott. His character is amazingly clueless. And hilarious.[/FONT]
    I was a little wary of The Middle, but really warmed up to it quickly. I'm glad I took the risk. I love the "weird" factor a LOT. Brick just cracks me up with his pseudo-psychotic whispering repetition of certain phrases. That is a seriously great quirk. I enjoyed how the father did that the other night with "red ribbon...". LOL

But, yeah, Ty Burrell doesn't assault you with his inappropriateness. He is so gently clueless that you love him even though he makes you cringe. I'm finding Michael Scott more and more blatantly offensive as the episodes roll by. I've really not enjoyed The Office in a couple seasons.

The feud between Gloria and Claire was really enjoyable as it had a bit of heart and wasn't simply mean-spirited. The adult relationship of brother and sister, Mitchell and Claire, was wonderfully portrayed in the last episode. The little moments of sibling rivalry and the sharing of horror is so reminiscent of my partner's family. It was so familiar that it was authentic to me.

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartner View Post
    I was a little wary of The Middle, but really warmed up to it quickly. I'm glad I took the risk. I love the "weird" factor a LOT. Brick just cracks me up with his pseudo-psychotic whispering repetition of certain phrases. That is a seriously great quirk. I enjoyed how the father did that the other night with "red ribbon...". LOL
    [FONT=Courier New]That is a pretty funny little quirk. I haven't watched this week's episode yet.[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Ando View Post
    [FONT=Courier New]That is a pretty funny little quirk. I haven't watched this week's episode yet.[/FONT]
    Well, definitely look for it. You know... I'm starting a thread dedicated to The Middle.

[FONT=Courier New]Modern Family's Eric Stonestreet (Cam) was on the 4th segment of Scare Tactics last night![/FONT]

Talking

"An' den he step on it!" LOL

Between the poncho and Mitchell and Cam with their baby head bump issues, I was on the floor!!! I loved the scene in the doctor's office where Cam was going on about how they plan on raising Lily with reference to her Asian heritage and he started asking the doctor about Pho, but was pronouncing it "fuh".

"I don't know... I'm from Denver. We don't have a lot of 'fuh' there."

This show is quickly becoming my favorite show. The characters are amazing and so likeable. In this last episode when Phil got hit by his daughter in the driving school car, I managed to hit my tv with diet coke splatter from 12 feet!

Quote Originally Posted by sonofsokol View Post
    This show is quickly becoming my favorite show. The characters are amazing and so likeable. In this last episode when Phil got hit by his daughter in the driving school car, I managed to hit my tv with diet coke splatter from 12 feet!
    All of the scenes in the car were hysterical!

"Hmmmm... the GPS thinks we're in a park. Heh-heh..." *looks up* "Oh, my god!!! We ARE IN A PARK!! Avoid the children!!!"