Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How big is the large Octuptarra droid?

Looks pretty impressive. It's $35 at walmart.com. I thought one part of their description was funny, "Top hatch of vehicle really opens" like hey, it's not as cheap as you think it is.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...ct_id=11962950

I don't have a tape measure (or the droid for that matter) in front of me, but I was really surprised at how large it is with the legs extended. The legs are folded in the box so it is much taller than the box is long. I know that doesn't help much, but I thought it was well worth the $35 price tag for something to tower over my at-te.

thanks, it looks cool and was pretty huge and menacing in the movies. I can imagine a line of them set up in a battle scene diorama.

I took a few pics of mine. I was surprised how tall it is. In the first 2 pics I put a clone by the far right leg for scale.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC09777.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	21772   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC09779.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	25.0 KB 
ID:	21773   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC09775.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	28.7 KB 
ID:	21774  

Exclamation

Here's how it looks next to the Tri-Droid figure that was released last year. Thank you to that OTHER site for letting me usesteal the image.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TCW-1888.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	71.3 KB 
ID:	21784  
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Thanks for posting the pic of the Octuparra TOWERING over the Turbo Tank. My Octuparra is so large I can't fit it on any of my usual display locations!
    "The concept of infinity can only be grasped by contemplating the depths of human stupidity." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartner View Post
    Here's how it looks next to the Tri-Droid figure that was released last year. Thank you to that OTHER site for letting me usesteal the image.
    Wow, they actually released that puny looking droid?
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Quote Originally Posted by Scackmgack View Post
    Thanks for posting the pic of the Octuparra TOWERING over the Turbo Tank. My Octuparra is so large I can't fit it on any of my usual display locations!
    No problem, I really was surprised how tall it is. Hopefully the joints will stay tight so it can keep being that tall

Quote Originally Posted by bobafrett View Post
    Wow, they actually released that puny looking droid?
    It's rather amusing in hindsight, isn't it!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Well, the "small" one appeared in the film on Utapau, so it's not like they were thinking that could replace the bigger one. It's still one of the biggest basic figures they've done, but even it pales in comparison to the huge Octuptarra.