Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

LEGO System 2010

Well I've been waiting more than two weeks for somebody else to start this thread, but I guess I'll have to do myself. So any and all non Star Wars 2010 sets info, rumors or discussions go here.

So the first of these is the Imperial Flagship 10210. I was on Eurobricks a few weeks ago and saw this set. All I have to say is holy cow! This is a huge ship. At 1,664 pieces, it's close to twice the size of the of the largest Pirate ship, the Skull's Eye Schooner. A rough eyeballing seems to indicate that there's 4 hull segments. Which also make the longest ship in addition to the tallest. And being able to bring a broadside of four cannons the Imperials finally have a ship that could take on the Pirates.

I'm getting this set as soon as possible. Lego might have finally made a ship better then the Black Seas Barracuda. That's a lot of detail in 10210 that haven't been seen since the Barracuda. And some new. A galley, brig, two decks and a triple master are all welcome additions. The mini figure selection is good and I like the coloring. But it lacks many of the Barracuda's refinements. I hate the current rigging, it's square rather than triangular. The jib is attached wrong. All minor problems on looks to be a great set.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

That is definitely a sweet looking ship. Sadly I don't buy system sets anymore though. The last system set I bought was literally the same day that I bought my first Star Wars figure. I don't think it gets much more difinitive on when my transition was.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

My TRU had a few 2010 sets on the shelves today.

They had two new Space Police vehicles: the first was a small $10 police ship with enclosed cockpit. The second is a purple outlaw space wrecker hauling an asteroid ATM machine. The aliens have the same head sculpts as this year's releases, but cast in different colors. The police officers have more realistic space helmets this time around.

I saw three sets in the new Atlantis theme, but wasn't all that crazy about them to jump on these just yet. The $7 set had a giant crab and diver/explorer with Altantean artifact. The $15 set features a large shark-like fish and a diver/explorer. The $26 one has a diver/explorer submersible vehicle and an Atlantean, which has mini-fig legs and torso and a shark head. I'm interested, but I'd like to see more of this theme before I decide to commit.

There were also small Creator sets (race car, helicopter) and Racers, plus new Rock Raiders.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Hadn't really heard about these Atlantis sets. Looks like they come with Scion fragments or Triforce sections. I haven't seen any that really excite me, yet. I'll likely pass on these.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"

I like the idea of an Atlantis theme. But from what I've seen so far I'm not that impressed. Hopefully the big set in the theme will be some temple ruins.

Anyone going to get the Toy Story line? It introduces a new mini-fig scale (for Woody, Buzz uses the standard mini-fig legs and torso). I hope the new mini-figs won't spread to other themes.

I'll probably get the Prince of Persia sets though I doubt I'll ever watch the movie. They look like they could fit nicely with the Indy theme. I love the new Arab headgear.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Toy Story doesn't interest me that much, but I want the Army guys and the aliens. So I'll get sets with those in them.

Prince of Persia. Oh yes, oh yes. I loved the original games and have kept up with the series, but not playing any of them in over 10 years. Even if I had never heard of the game, the name just sounds cool. I'll be getting all of these. As for the movie, I'm undecided right not now.

I'm definitely looking forward to the Toy Story sets - I don't have too much space for any large sets, so I mainly concentrate on collecting the minifigs... and Lego versions of Buzz, Woody, et al very much appeal to me (I've just collected all the Spongebob figs, and I absolutely love them!). The big build a Buzz set does look cool, but I'll probably just search out the Alien minifig, he looks super-sweet!
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.

The Toy Story figures are the big draw for me too. I really enjoyed the movie when it came out, but I'm ambivalent about collecting the sets.

I found a new Town set at TRU today, Fire Boat. Yep, it's a floating fire-fighting boat. A new fire station is coming too from the looks of a photo on the Fire Boat box. The other fireman sets pictured have been on the market for some time - a ladder truck and a pick-up truck with trailer.

I was just looking at some photos of the TS figs: http://www.flickr.com/photos/brickjo...7621664823727/
    At first, I was thinking, wow, these are awesome, I want them now! But the more I looked, I realised they look like any other TS figures - apart from the soldiers, the heads are too sculpted, to look just like the characters, and don't have any of the usual Lego stylization. I mean, there's no reason Jessie, Stinky Pete, even Buzz and Woody shouldn't have regular Lego heads with approriate deco. They're just not Lego-y enough. Having said that, I still want them!
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.

When did lego get the Disney line?
    I thought they had a contract with megablocks. I even have Toy Story Megablocks.

I, for one, am happy of the change. I'm a blockgot when it comes to building toys.
    My parents would always buy my son megablocks and I would always keep the megablocks seperate from his duplos.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-