Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

What do you guys do with all those pilot figures?

In the past 5 years, we've gone from having a very small number of Rebel pilot figures to a glut of them. At this point, I am fully burned out on Rebel pilots, especially considering how many share bodies. Here's a breakdown:

1. POTF2 Luke X-wing (really it's snowspeeder)
    2. POTF2 Biggs
    3. POTF2 carrying case Wedge (snowspeeder)
    4. POTF2 Cinema Scene Arvel Crynyd (not actually the right name)
    5. POTF2 Cinema Scene Wedge
    6. POTF2 Cinema Scene Ten Numb
    7. POTF2 A-wing - A-wing Pilot
    8. POTF2 Y-wing - Y-wing Pilot
    9. POTJ Snowspeeder - Dack Ralter
    10. POTJ Porkins
    11. POTJ ANH Luke Pilot
    12. Saga Dutch Vander
    13. Saga X-wing - Red Leader
    14. Saga green A-wing - A-wing Pilot
    15. Saga Celebration II Jorg Sacul
    16. VTSC Luke Pilot
    17. TSC Rogue 2 Snowspeeder - Zev
    18. TAC Biggs
    19. TAC Tycho Celchu
    20. TAC Hoth Ultimate Battle Pack - Luke Snowspeeder
    21. TAC Y-wing - Lt. Lepira
    22. TAC Comic Pack Hobbie
    23. TLC Wedge X-wing - Wedge
    24. TLC A-wing - Green Leader
    25. TLC B-wing - Lt Pollard
    26. TLC SDCC Luke X-wing
    27. TLC Comic Pack Ibtisam
    28. TLC Comic Pack Nrin Vakil
    29. TLC Scramble on Yavin battle pack - Red Leader
    30. TLC Rebel Pilot Evolutions 1 - Dorovio Bold
    31. TLC Rebel Pilot Evolutions 1 - Wes Janson Snowspeeder pilot
    32. TLC Rebel Pilot Evolutions 1 - Ten Numb
    33. TLC Rebel Pilot Evolutions 2 - Doc
    34. TLC Rebel Pilot Evolutions 2 - Kesin Ommis Snowspeeder pilot
    35. TLC Rebel Pilot Evolutions 2 - Lucky B-wing pilot
    36. TLC Rebel Pilot Evolutions 3 - John Branon
    37. TLC Rebel Pilot Evolutions 3 - Shia Brie
    38. TLC Rebel Pilot Evolutions 3 - Jake Farrell A-wing pilot
    39. TLC Nien Nunb B-wing Pilot

So there you have 39 Rebel pilot figures, 2/3rds of them delivered in the last 5 years, and of those 39 figures there are 30 unique characters. (I have to leave or I'd break them down by exclusives, movies, vehicles, etc..) Do you stuff them in extra vehicles, stand them around briefings, have them laid out by movie/source? What do you do with all those Rebel pilot figures?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The uniques are the uniques. The duplicates become customs. I have bought I try to make other squadrons such as Wraiths, Salm's Defender, Pash Cracken's group etc. I have them organized as Rogues, Deceased Rogues (in the Medical bay set up I used to have) etc. Things like the earlier PotF2 Luke/Wedge are used for much bigger pilots like Kell Tainer. The PotJ Luke and the new females are used for the females. Swapping the Vander based legs with the VOTC based Luke legs gives you some height varriants with modifications.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

You forgot one Ten Nunb. Seriously. He came with the Target exclusive POTJ B-Wing, and I don't see him on your list. See why I'm sick of Sullustans? Since 2000, three of the same character who's not even onscreen, and one who's the same guy in a different colored suit that's seen for a split second. And no Cliegg Lars or passable Evazan.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

No Teek, either.

He's not onscreen much either, but at least it's due to his impressive speed.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post

POTJ Porkins
    Saga Dutch Vander
    VTSC Luke Pilot
    TSC Rogue 2 Snowspeeder - Zev
    TAC Tycho Celchu
    TAC Hoth Ultimate Battle Pack - Luke Snowspeeder
    TAC Y-wing - Lt. Lepira
    TAC Comic Pack Hobbie
    TLC Wedge X-wing - Wedge
    TLC A-wing - Green Leader
    TLC B-wing - Lt Pollard
    TLC SDCC Luke X-wing
    TLC Comic Pack Ibtisam
    TLC Comic Pack Nrin Vakil
    TLC Scramble on Yavin battle pack - Red Leader
    TLC Rebel Pilot Evolutions 1 - Dorovio Bold
    TLC Rebel Pilot Evolutions 1 - Wes Janson Snowspeeder pilot
    TLC Rebel Pilot Evolutions 1 - Ten Numb
    TLC Rebel Pilot Evolutions 2 - Doc
    TLC Rebel Pilot Evolutions 2 - Kesin Ommis Snowspeeder pilot
    TLC Rebel Pilot Evolutions 2 - Lucky B-wing pilot
    TLC Rebel Pilot Evolutions 3 - John Branon
    TLC Rebel Pilot Evolutions 3 - Shia Brie
    TLC Rebel Pilot Evolutions 3 - Jake Farrell A-wing pilot
    TLC Nien Nunb B-wing Pilot
    TLC Corran Horn
    The figs above are the ones that have not been "retired" from my collection. Basically once a figure is surpassed by a better version I take it out of circulation. I've already replaced TAC Pilot Biggs with a head swap (took the head off of the other TAC Biggs figure and put it on the body of the SDCC Luke and voila SA Biggs pilot using the helmet from the aforementioned TAC Pilot Biggs). I use them for briefing room dios mostly. I used to do photos of the pilots in an X-Wing (close up on the cockpit like in the movies and you'd never know they were all flying Red 5) with their droid behind them for fan-fiction kind of comic books I used to make for my brother. Really, as a fan of the Rogue Squadron books as a kid I have just always wanted all the pilots I could get my hands on.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

I don't mind all these pilots. If you're a diorama builder there are plenty of uses for them in hangar bays and briefing rooms which even require doubling or trebling up if you have these dioramas going simultaneously. The more unique characters the better as long as they use the correct heights which is unfortunately not always the case.

Since I set up in dioramas, every figure has its place. If they came with a ship, then they're piloting the ship. The ANH ones are in a Yavin briefing room scene with their droids, the ESB ones are fighting in the Hoth trenches since there are neither enough Hoth Rebel Troopers nor enough snowspeeders, and the ROTJ ones are in a Sullust briefing room scene with their fellow Rebels. The extra pilot Lukes are talking to Han, or Garven Dreis and the second Biggs, or climbing down the SDCC ladder, or worrying about R2-D2's injuries. The EU stuff is all pretty disorganized right now so they're not doing much of anything.

We have indeed gotten a ton of pilots these past few years, but I really like these characters and figures, so I'm all for more.

I have a small Rebel briefing scene with 19 of the above pilots (from all 3 OT films and the EU) on display with a couple astromechs, Admiral Ackbar, and General Madine.

I love the pilots and am looking forward to acquiring the new Nien Nunb (and next year's Snowspeeder Luke), but I won't be bummed if we're done with the Pilot figures for a good long while.

Yeah I don't have a problem with too many pilots. I have a lot in various ships then there is ANH breifing room, ROTJ briefing room, ANH award cerimony (my dumping ground for outdated scuplts since you only see from behind), and OT hangers. So I don't think i'm in any danger of pilot overkill.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

Pilot figures are my favorite to collect next to droids and jabba palace/cantina aliens. I just display my pilots together. All of the ones I collect are strictly otc though.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.