Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Would You Buy The Gian Speeder From TPM?

I am continuing my vehicle poll thread series.

This will discuss ONLY the vehicle in the title of the thread (in this case the Gian Speeder from The Phantom Menace).

I will cover several unmade vehicles for the action figures per week, choosing them from a rotating schedule through the movies and the Expanded Universe.

I'll order it TPM, AOTC, ROTS, ANH, ESB, ROTJ, EU, and then keep going back through the order in that manner.

So here I'm only asking you if you'd buy the Gian Speeder from The Phantom Menace?

I envision this vehicle for the $25 price range, though it should be much cheaper - really. For $25 maybe it could come with the harder to find Naboo Royal Guard - perhaps as a white or black ethnic variation (the current one looks possibly like a Hispanic actor, though "he's really from Naboo").

This ship doesn't need to be too elaborate and it's pretty small, so they should be able to make it to scale. The Action Fleet Collection made one as part of a playset previously.

However, the cockpit should hold 2 figures and maybe the cannons would fire a plastic missile from either side. Other than that, floatie wheels like Luke's landspeeder or the Flash Speeder would work here. I like the grey or better-yet chrome finish (which Hasbro can hopefully improve upon).

People making Coruscant dioramas could use this vehicle there as well.

Do you want this speeder made?

What other features would you want on it?

Why would you NOT want it?

What price range is fair, and what is predictable for this to be retailed for?

How do you think it would sell if produced?

Should this vehicle be seen in Clone Wars? (I don't see why not?) It's just a speeder and a cool-looking one at that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gian1.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	48.9 KB 
ID:	21854   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gian 2.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	67.6 KB 
ID:	21855  
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Now, this one I might buy. I lean toward yes, but the final product would be the deciding factor.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Yeah, sure. I like the look of it, but I feel like it would have sold better had it been released ten years ago (but then again, we got the flash speeder then, and they're pretty similar). Like most of these vehicles, I can't see them putting this high on their priority list, but it's cool enough.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

If over $20 it better have a figure like you mentioned. Otherwise, be under $20 and this would be an easy buy. Wait, did I just say I liked a vehicle?
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

I would buy this, although it's a hard sell at $20 so it better be ample in room and quality. And the vehicle held 4 passengers, not 2, so this better hold 4 passengers as well, and not in the BS manner the way the Flash Speeder did, that thing sucked.

Also, there are several different configurations seen in the film, one with a top canopy like the Action Fleet preview set, one with no top canopy and a gun emplacement in the front windscreen, and one with no top canopy and no gun emplacement in the windscreen. I'm thinking they should release it with swappable canopies and windscreens, increase the value by customizing the speeder (maybe have the side guns removable and ports for them to be installed on the rear half. In fact, if they included a spoiler, maybe a second set of engines that one could customize on this thing, I think it'd meet the $20 "starfighter class pricepoint" quite nicely, and I'd really dig that.

If they're gonna do clear wheels, I'd like them to be either retractable or removable, even better, retractable with covering panels.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I think I would get this one. But more importantly, where did you find that Lego version? That is well done.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I don't know where Tycho found it (especially since he is way not into LEGO), but it's a custom. They didn't do an official model, but their official Flash Speeder was massively lame so I wouldn't expect an official Lego Gian Speeder to be anywhere near as good as that custom.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

If it was a four seater in the basic price point I'd grab it.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

i'd buy it if the price justified the product offered. undersized, unable to hold 4 figures or single conformation only and i might pass.