Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fort Hood...

Fort Hood...

Just checking in to let everyone know that I am okay, things have been hectic here at Fort Hood, I just got home about an hour ago. Tired, long day...
    May the force be with you.

Glad to hear you're okay. I've been watching the news today, and hadn't made the connection you were stationed there. I'm praying for all of you guys (and gals) in Fort Hood tonight.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Glad to hear you're ok sk99.
    Thanks for checking in with us.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Glad to hear you are safe and sound. When I got off work and got into my car, I heard Obama speaking and it sounded like something bad had happened. When I finally heard what it was and that it was at Fort Hood, I couldn't remember for certain if that was where you were stationed. Then I saw a recent post where you mentioned it, so when I sent you the PM, I was worried I might not get a response back. I figured that even if you were safe, things might be a bit hectic, so it was a bit of a relief when you responded so soon.

Glad to hear you're ok, this one was so messed up. And this guy was a psychiatrist on the base no less.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    Just checking in to let everyone know that I am okay, things have been hectic here at Fort Hood, I just got home about an hour ago. Tired, long day...
    *Whew!* I've been worried all day! I got called in early to work and never had a chance to check here. Glad you and the family are OK!

This was great news to come home to!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

From the news I'm seeing today, it looks like this fellow should've gotten a dishonorable discharge a long time ago. It's one thing to be a conscientious objector, but he sounded like he had some far more serious issues, and it sounds like he wasn't discreet about them, either.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    From the news I'm seeing today, it looks like this fellow should've gotten a dishonorable discharge a long time ago. It's one thing to be a conscientious objector, but he sounded like he had some far more serious issues, and it sounds like he wasn't discreet about them, either.
    Nah, he should've been given a General(medical) Discharge earlier on before he snapped. His obvious mental issues should have made it easy to release him. His issues were probably pretty severe for a long time and he went mostly undiagnosed because he was the guy who was supposed to be diagnosing everyone else's issues. Military life is very stressful at times and some people just cant adapt to it. What I think is odd is that this guy was a Major; that's an officer rank you get after a good number of years of actual service. If he really wanted to just get out of the military, he could have just said he was gay and he would probably have gotten a General Discharge under Other Than Honorable conditions which does not leave any negative markers on your legal records once you exit the military. My guess is that he didnt take that route because he was a Muslim and in Muslim culture being gay is not acceptable.

You only get Dishonorably Discharged when do you somjething really bad, such as murder, rape, desertion, or stealing/destroying a large amount of government property. When you get Dishonorably Discharged, its the equivalent of a felony conviction that goes on your permanent record. DD's carry a very negative stigma, even once you get out. Most employers will not hire you, just like they wouldn't hire someone with a serious felony conviction in their past. You'll never get a state or federal job, even if its scrubbing toilets at the local post office.

There is absolutely no doubt that he will now be dishonorably discharged after killing so many of his fellow soldiers, regardless if he was/is crazy or not. He obviously went way over the deep end and being a mental health professional, he should have had himself committed if he felt like he was going to hurt someone.

Glad to hear that SK is ok though.

I'm glad you're all right but I'm so sad for all the ones that aren't.

Apparently, I graduated with this nutjob (Virginia Tech Biochemistry class of '97) I don't remember him specifically, but since there were only 80 of us, I must have had some classes with him. It's so sad, so many lives ended tragically and for no reason.

Glad to hear you're unscathed. I don't think the dishonorable discharge will be this guys problem. It's the mental problems he's going to carry into his new relationship with his new boyfriend when he gets to Leavenworth.

It side steps the real issue here however, and no it's not the failure of the military and public health systems in dealing with mental illness. The problem is people with guns in towers (or other high points) in Texas. Either tear down the towers or don't let people with guns in the towers.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)