Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Anyone planning to watch Jim Carrey's Christmas Carol movie?

No?

Didn't think so.

Carry on discussing movies we actually want to see.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

People still go to movies?
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

The only reason I'd want to see it is the 3D, but the flick just doesn't look that interesting - same old story, nothing new, which isn't enough to get me to pony up the cash (plus some for the 3D) to see it.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I'm going to save my $10 bucks and go see something else, what, I don't know.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

No, I find Jim Carrey annoying in small doses and funny only rarely in even smaller ones, so a whole movie populated by his work would be madness. I also don't like Zemeckis's mo-cap animation style, it's creepy and all the human characters look like zombies with dead eyes based on trailers. Plus, I'm a little bored with this story, even a fresh crazy new take on it, it's been overplayed the last 25 years IMO.

Zemeckis is talking about a sequel to Who Framed Roger Rabbit where there will be 2d cartoon characters and the humans will be mo-cap. IMO, that is the worst idea I've ever heard. I used to respect him as a director and storyteller with every move he made, but the last decade it seems like he's losing his touch with reality. I mean, remaking Yellow Submarine with CGI and mo-cap??? That's insanity.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Well, it would make a good movie to see if my uncle joins us for Christmas again, but aside from that, I don't know if I'd go see it otherwise.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

i'll fork over the money to see the horrible squeakel to Alvin & the chipmunks rather than suffer through another Jim Carrey kid's movie.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    No, I find Jim Carrey annoying in small doses and funny only rarely in even smaller ones, so a whole movie populated by his work would be madness. I also don't like Zemeckis's mo-cap animation style, it's creepy and all the human characters look like zombies with dead eyes based on trailers. Plus, I'm a little bored with this story, even a fresh crazy new take on it, it's been overplayed the last 25 years IMO.

Zemeckis is talking about a sequel to Who Framed Roger Rabbit where there will be 2d cartoon characters and the humans will be mo-cap. IMO, that is the worst idea I've ever heard. I used to respect him as a director and storyteller with every move he made, but the last decade it seems like he's losing his touch with reality. I mean, remaking Yellow Submarine with CGI and mo-cap??? That's insanity.
    You summed up what I thought, in more words than I cared to use. You notice that Robert Zemeckis is the only person using this zombie animation, and it seems to be all he's doing now? Ick.

The Chipmunks movie, I must confess, I avoided at all costs until it was on HBO and my daughter wanted to see it. It wasn't nearly as bad as I expected; it was actually pretty decent.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I'm going to see it in London on Monday, on IMAX. I wouldn't have bothered otherwise - the story's been done to death, and Jim Carrey gets on my nerves, but I'm hoping to be blown away by the visuals.
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    You summed up what I thought, in more words than I cared to use. You notice that Robert Zemeckis is the only person using this zombie animation, and it seems to be all he's doing now? Ick.

The Chipmunks movie, I must confess, I avoided at all costs until it was on HBO and my daughter wanted to see it. It wasn't nearly as bad as I expected; it was actually pretty decent.
    Yeah, even Jar Jar wasn't mocapped that way. Zemeckis I fear has become a control freak and needs to be able to edit anything down to the way a character's cheek wobbles when they talk.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.