Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Would You Buy The LAAT/c Gunship Vehicle From AOTC?

I am continuing my thread series.

This will discuss ONLY the vehicle in the title of the thread (in this case the LAAT/c Gunship vehicle from Attack of the Clones).

I will cover several unmade vehicles for the action figures per week, choosing them from a rotating schedule through the movies and the Expanded Universe.

I'll order it TPM, AOTC, ROTS, ANH, ESB, ROTJ, EU, and then keep going back through the order in that manner.

So here I'm only asking you if you'd buy the Low Altitude Assault Transport / Carrier (LAAT/c) Gunship vehicle from Attack of the Clones?

This vehicle is not possible to offer with a simple resculpt of the current Republic Gunship vehicle. Though similar, and probably in "the Star Wars universe's reality," the same size, I would rather see the LAAT/C produced so that it could actually carry the current AT-TE toy if Hasbro is going to bother doing it.

I think the ship should fire missiles from its weapons, maybe 2 or 4 of them, just like our current Republic Gunship toy, and the vehicle be basically very similar.

Do you want this made?

Would you spend $100 for something like this? It's going to have to be bigger than the current Gunship!

How do you think the LAAT/C would sell if produced?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I'm torn on this one. I would easily buy one that could carry the AT-TE. If it doesn't then I pass cause frankly, what's the point? The problem is that if this could carry the AT-TE then it would be HUGE. The problem there is what little kid is going to be able to carry this thing by itself let alone loaded with the AT-TE? I think kids would like the idea but would be frustrated with it. It would easily weigh more than the BMF when loaded with the walker and I think that might hurt sales. (You know, there's always that cool friend that has the awesome huge toy and you play with it at their house to decide if you want one and I could see kids deciding they didn't really want it after trying to get their hands around it.) Though it was featured prominently in the last episode and has turned up a couple times before. Anyway, like I said, if it fits a walker, I'm in.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

If it can't carry any of the vehicles, it shouldn't be made. But even if it was made, since I didn't and don't plan on buying an AT-TE, I wouldn't have any need to buy this one.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

I forgot to post the picture. So it's now attached. However, I'll weigh in earlier than usual: I don't really need this thing. I did buy 2 AT-TEs but I want mine on the ground lending infantry support.

The LAAT/C looked really cool in the movie and it was great to see how the walkers could be rapidly deployed. However, I want to display them deloyed and I'll show regular gunships offering air support.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	200px-LAATc_TCW.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	4.9 KB 
ID:	21907  
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

[FONT=Courier New]I'm in for 2 of them.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I have the LEGO version and LOVE it! [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Hasbro would need to make a good strong mechanism to hold the AT-TE (and if they were really smart, they'd make it so it could carry just about anything such as a Turbo Tank, Republic Fighter Tank, and or an AT-AP).[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I would pay the $100.00 needed for this toy. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

I'd say yes, and hopefully it would turn out well.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

If it could actually carry the AT-TE it'd be one big expensive bugger. But as a fan of the geonosis battle I think I'd buy it. Dammit I'd probably feel I had to buy another AT-TE aswell because I wouldn't want my only AT-TE having this giant ship hovering over it.

i would love to see it but think it would prove impossible for Hasbro to do. one it would be larger than the current model Gunship and might even be larger then the BMF if they did it to scale. I mean the sucker would have to carry the AT-TE which is a fairly large size vehicle.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Heck yeah I would buy this ship! I, too, would probably need to buy a second AT-TE to go with it. I have waited for a while for this one. Certain problems do come to mind though. Mainly the shortsightedness of Hasbro would cause them to either use new legs for the AT-TE, or use a simple strap method to hold the beastie. There should be a hole for the cannon to stick through the cockpit area, or some way to store it after removing it from the walker to be more flush with the LAAT/c. The rear end of the walker would probably stick out past the LAAT/c, with the wings over the rear-most legs. The strap would probably be the best option, as it would also work for the Turbo Tank. As far as the Assault Tank, check out the thread in the Clone Wars section for the Republic shuttle for my ideas on their transport. This should use launchers similar to those of the TRU Gunship for the nose and thrusters. If it could be used with other ships as well (turbo tank, please), repaints with new nose art would be welcomed.

No. Absolutely not. I'd buy Ahsoka Tano vs Hannah Montana sheets for my bed first. Not because I hate the design; it's definitely one of the better prequel designs, and I love that the Gunship comes in many distinct variations, like a real military vehicle. It's just that the current, woefully undersized Gunship sells for about $80. This would have to be a majorly upsized Gunship variant to work with the existing AT-TE, I think more than twice the size of the current one. We're probably talking about $120, at the very (very optimistic) least, for the LAAT/c. Add to that the fact that it's so totally useless without the AT-TE that they should be packed together, and we're probably talking about a vehicle in the $220-$275 range. (I doubt Hasbro would sell the AT-TE for less than $75 in this equation, despite more and more winding up at Ross for half that lately.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.