Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Veteran's Day

There aren't many vets still around who had a connection to Pearl Harbor Day. A great uncle of mine was there, but I think he was still on land, not on a ship.
    "I went to Star Wars Celebration VII in Anaheim, and I didn't get even a lousy t-shirt."

My Gun fighting actor troop walked in the Christmas parade yesterday and we flew a flag to remember Pearl Harbor and had our announcer make note of that periodically. My family was military and included Vietnam veterans and Cuban Missile Crisis Cold War veterans even. I appreciate our military and in sending off a present for a friend that's in Afghanistan now
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    There aren't many vets still around who had a connection to Pearl Harbor Day. A great uncle of mine was there, but I think he was still on land, not on a ship.
    A local news channel showed a documentary "Return to Pearl Harbor" last night, it showed a 'honor flight' that took veterans of Pearl Harbor back to Pearl. It was VERY good, hopefully they'll show it again.

It's this weekend. My flag is out, and I hope to attend a couple (at least one) events on Sun. or Mon.
    "I went to Star Wars Celebration VII in Anaheim, and I didn't get even a lousy t-shirt."

Our local community center celebrated its first official Veterans' Day at its new military courtyard. Here's 1/3 of a 21-gun salute, plus a beautiful mountain background of a beautiful flag, courtesy of those whose beautiful, selfless actions let us have such freedoms.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11-11-13n.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	99.4 KB 
ID:	28059   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11-11-13aa.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	28060  

Don't forget; this weekend will likely have events honoring those who have served. Or you could think those thoughts or say those words yourselves!