Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Veteran's Day

Veteran's Day

Just want to give a shout out to all our resident veterans here at SSG: thank you for your service, and hope you and yours all have a wonderful day!

Navajo Code Talkers will be walking in the NY Veteran's Day Parade today. They are in the process of establishing a, much earned, museum in their honor.

Their contributions in WWII are unimaginable, certainly without them we may not have won at Iwo Jima. Code Talkers served in every Marine assault in the South Pacific between 1942 and 1945.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,573610,00.html

IMO, they deserve their own memorial on "The Mall".
    May the force be with you.

A huge shout-out to BigB, SK99, Slick and all other SSG veterans!
    Thank you! Thank you! THANK YOU!

¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

I'm disappointed that the events at the bottom of the SSG Forums page is blank. Eleventh hour, eleventh day, eleventh month?

But I'm wearing my flag All-Star Chuck Taylors, US Constitution (the document, not the ship) shirt, blue shorts today. Mad props to all the veterans out there!
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

On 11-11-11, I send all positive vibes out to our heroes (retired and passed on), and especially for safe wishes to our veterans-to-be who are currently serving, once they retire.

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    A huge shout-out to BigB, SK99, Slick and all other SSG veterans!
    Thank you! Thank you! THANK YOU!

I can't think of a better way to say it. THANKS!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Once again, thank you's all around to the veterans who do more for others. :selflessservice: