Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Head-scratchingly odd food promotions...

My friend sent me this picture this morning. "Gift-Wrapped"? Really? I don't want this gift!!! This is actually on the Aunt Annie's Pretzel website...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	frame_holiday09.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	21916  
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

[FONT=Courier New]My wife and I actually ordered a 6 pack of these from a little girl doing a fundraiser for her school. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]It's been about 2 months and we're pretty sure she pocketed our cash.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Maybe not. Sometimes those fundraisers are insanely slow to deliver.

Not really a promotion, but "baconnaise" came immediately to mind.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I saw this in the grocery store where I worked a few months back, and I still can't fully believe that it's real . . .
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

"If you have a dog that you love so much, you have to shoot him, feed him the best: Old Yeller brand dog food. Made with real chunks of Lil' Arliss and Savage Sam."
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    "If you have a dog that you love so much, you have to shoot him, feed him the best: Old Yeller brand dog food. Made with real chunks of Lil' Arliss and Savage Sam."
    Hey, thats the brand of dog food we buy (no joke). They also make canned dog food.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Still, it sounds only slightly more understandable than Donald Duck Orange Juice (which I don't think is around anymore).

At least Popeye's Chicken wasn't named after the cartoon character, even if they used him as a mascot for several years.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

My weird find this morning reminded me of possibly the strangest tie-in of all. At the most basic level, it made some sense, but it got so ridiculously out of control that it bypassed all logic and reason.

In 1990, Pizza Hut offered a cassette tape, either free with a purchase or for a relatively low price, of ten songs by the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. They were mostly awful, occasionally catchy, and very lazy: the song sung by April was actually called "April Ballad." Although TMNT merchandise through Pizza Hut makes sense, the snowball got to be really weird.

First, there was a tour. Four guys in turtle costumes went on tour lip synching the Pizza Hut songs. There was a video. I think there may have been two videos, one that was actually a performance (which I seem to vaguely remember, but cannot find a trace of today), and a "making of" video that instantly wound up at Big Lots in huge quantities.

It was all secretly a scheme by Kim Jong Il to brainwash the children of America by subjecting them to such horrors, though most people don't know this yet. The entire episode is only mentioned by TMNT fanatics after they exhaust all their knowledge of Venus de Milo and the godawful 1990s live action TV series.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

you can find video of "coming out of their shells" - the aforementioned tour - on youtube

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Still, it sounds only slightly more understandable than Donald Duck Orange Juice (which I don't think is around anymore).
    Yes it is, they sell it at the local Piggly Wiggly. Which I didn't know still existed til I moved to this forsaken pit known as Georgia.

My Mom bought the OJ once because it was on sale...it tastes like pure acidic crap.
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!