Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

GH ROTJ Millenium Falcon

I saw a large display of these at my local Costco today and wanted to pass along the info. I'm not a GH collector but I thought this looked really cool. Price was $25, which I thought seemed pretty awesome (compared to the $30 dewback I had just seen in WM. $30?!?!?! It stayed on the shelf).
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

[FONT=Courier New]I picked this up on Saturday. I have the last release (WM exclusive) from 2008 and this one has much better paint. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]If you don't have it and are a GH collector, I highly recommend it. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]If you don't have a CostCo or are not a member, you can order it online: [/FONT][FONT=Courier New]http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11486009&search=millenium%20fa lcon&topnav=&Mo=0&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&lang=en-US&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&N=5000043&whse=BC&Dx=mode%2 0matchallpartial&Ntk=Text_Search&Dr=P_CatalogName: BC&Ne=4000000&D=millenium%20falcon&Ntt=millenium%2 0falcon&No=0&Nty=1&Ntx=mode%20matchallpartial[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

How does this version differ from the original Playskool Millennium Falcon?
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

[FONT=Courier New]I'm not sure about the Playskool version, but the WM version has a very yellowish off white coloring with no red highlights and the new CostCo version has a paint scheme more in line with the BMF (light grey with red accents).[/FONT]

I have two of the original Playskool Falcons MISB and thought about giving one to my niece but they are worth a small fortune on the secondary market. These GH versions look like the same mold with just different paint jobs and figures.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

The PlaySkool version featured a Stormie to complement Han, Chewbacca, and 3PO, but the newest one (Hasbro) only has Han, Chewie, and 3PO, no stormie. I'm glad I got the PlaySkool one when I did. I have not seen any more of those at all.

I just bought 2 of these at Costco in Utah for $14.99 a piece. They had a whole pallet of them... I was shocked by that price

Quote Originally Posted by sonofsokol View Post
    I just bought 2 of these at Costco in Utah for $14.99 a piece. They had a whole pallet of them... I was shocked by that price
    [FONT=Courier New]WOW! Awesome price!!![/FONT]

Yeah, but it kinda sucks to have multiple Falcons taking up space when you only want one or two of the figures.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Yeah, but it kinda sucks to have multiple Falcons taking up space when you only want one or two of the figures.
    [FONT=Courier New]Gifts. Or pass them on to nieces, nephews, and other kids. I picked up the new version myself for the newer paint and will hold onto the WM version I got last year for the little ones in my extended family to play with/beat up.[/FONT]