Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Would You Buy The Imperial Landingcraft Vehicle?

I am continuing my new thread series.

This will discuss ONLY the vehicle in the title of the thread (in this case the Imperial Landingcraft from A New Hope).

I will cover several unmade vehicles for the action figures per week, choosing them from a rotating schedule through the movies and the Expanded Universe.

I'll order it TPM, AOTC, ROTS, ANH, ESB, ROTJ, EU, and then keep going back through the order in that manner.

So here I'm only asking you if you'd buy the Imperial Landingcraft from A New Hope?

This ship would require an all-new sculpt. There can really be no re-use of Tyderium Shuttle parts here. The landing craft ship is much bigger.

They are never going to churn this one out for less than $150 and you can believe that.

In the meanwhile, it should launch a speederbike or two out the back, or carry 'em, so you can re-create "Troops" in the privacy of your own home.

The cockpit should hold 2 pilot figures - likely non-helmeted officers - but I'm only guessing that's who flew these. Maybe as they were used in combat missions, the bucket-heads drove them?

The back might have a dropping platform you can load up with Sandtroopers the way the Republic Gunship has one for Clones and Jedi.

The wings would come up and down of course.

So do you want the Imperial Landingcraft vehicle released?

What other features would you want on it?

Why would you NOT want it?

What price range is fair, and what is predictable for this to be retailed for?

How do you think it would sell if produced?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

If it carries 2 Speeder Bikes and at least 10 troops (so like Force Commander, Empire at War etc) I'd have to think long and hard. I would definitely pick it up on sale/clearance whatever. The full price I'm on the fence. Folding wings, is really the only feature it needs beyond that.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Is this the new vehicle added into the Special Edition of ANH? If it is, then no, I wouldn't buy it.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Is this the new vehicle added into the Special Edition of ANH? If it is, then no, I wouldn't buy it.
    Yes. It is also in several video games also.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Quote Originally Posted by pbarnard View Post
    Yes. It is also in several video games also.
    Maybe in 1997 I might have been excited about this, but not now and definitely not if it's going to cost more than $50.

Right now, my focus is solely on a few prominent OT vehicles; so an SE add-on just doesn't cut it for me anymore.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I like this one a lot so I'd say yes. I don't need it to be all that big. It shouldn't be much bigger than the Imperial Shuttle (only because it's undersized and should be bigger anyway) but if it sat two in the cockpit and 4 troopers in the back with a speeder I'd be set.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

maybe, maybe not. to get me to purchase it would need a cockpit to seat 2, folding wings, cargo area for speeder bikes & troops and/or netting to transport a dewback

Well, I'd definitely get this one. I would prefer it be in the $65 range, but that won't happen. It's pretty flat-looking so I don't know how well that would translate. Still, I like the design.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Maybe in 1997 I might have been excited about this, but not now and definitely not if it's going to cost more than $50.

Right now, my focus is solely on a few prominent OT vehicles; so an SE add-on just doesn't cut it for me anymore.
    Which OT vehicles are you interested in, BigBarada?

I want to make sure I set up a poll / discussion thread for everything everyone might be interested in.

It will take time, but it will get done.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Which OT vehicles are you interested in, BigBarada?

I want to make sure I set up a poll / discussion thread for everything everyone might be interested in.

It will take time, but it will get done.
    Well, right now the only vehicles that I would consider purchasing would be (these would all have to be 100% new toys, built/rebuilt from the ground up):
    1. AT-AT
    2. ROTJ Speeder Bike
    3. Darth Vader's TIE Fighter
    4. Tatooine Skiff
    5. Sail Barge