Which chewbacca is considered "best"?

Hey Guys,
    After taking inventory last week, I realized the only chewbacca i had was from the POTF line. I picked up a saga legends yesterday with the mynock hunt gear, and was just wondering what everyone thinks the best version is? I'm not sure how many have been released, but I thought this would be the best place to ask. Thanks!

The Mynock Hunt Saga Legends Chewie is the same as the VOTC Chewie, which is the best Chewie available. If you prefer the slicked-back hair (ANH style), the Early Bird Chewie, Hoth Recon Patrol Chewie (light snow paint on him though), or BMF pack-in Chewie, has the other headsculpt with the same SA body.

If you like the ROTJ hairstyle for Chewie, you have the best one already!

I agree, VOTC Chewie is the best. Although it's better to buy him on the 2004 card, since the paint applications on the more recent rereleases have been less than ideal.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Thanks guys I did notice the paint apps were a little sloppy, and not sure how much I care for the yellow/ochre highlights. I might check a local place that sells some older stuff to see if they have the 2004 version as suggested.

If you need any more opinions for the best Chewie, our very own Mad Slanted Powers has conducted a survey for the best version of each major character. Chewie was covered on pages 5 and 6, with results on page 7... http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/sho...t=40272&page=5
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.

Quote Originally Posted by sebillba View Post
    If you need any more opinions for the best Chewie, our very own Mad Slanted Powers has conducted a survey for the best version of each major character. Chewie was covered on pages 5 and 6, with results on page 7... http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/sho...t=40272&page=5
    VOTC Chewbacca and the Early Bird Chewbacca were the highest ranking ones. The VOTC one was repacked in the Betrayal on Bespin battle pack, and given a snow repaint in one of the tin sets. The Early Bird one was repacked with the Big Millennium Falcon.

Quote Originally Posted by sebillba View Post
    Thanks! you must have read my mind! For me, most of the vintage saga figs are the best (esp. greedo and ig-88!). After spending SEVERAL hours last weekend going through loose stuff I have, it's time to consolidate!

I can't BELIEVE how goofy some of the POTF2 figures look these days! Like the first Luke...man, what were they thinking. Of course, at the time, they didn't really have any sort of competition... just the old retractable needle tip arm sabers! I haven't looked at the link yet, but I'd be willing to bet that we're in desperate need of a Dengar....I have the comic pack one and WHAT A FREAKING letdown!!! 2004 mold (I think) and NO knees!!!??? Simply inexcusable. The frozen elbows burn me up too when they pull that crap on figs.