Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

3rd Annual 2009 SSG Holiday Movie/TV Challenge!

Welcome to the Third Annual (2009) SirStevesGuide Holiday Movie (and TV Show/Cartoon) Challenge!!!

All members are encouraged to participate!!!

This challenge will begin November 25th @ 12:00am and will end January 1st @ 11:59 pm.

Here is a link to the (2007) challenge.
    Here is a link to last year's (2008) challenge.

The rules are simple:

Watch any feature length holiday movie or TV show or cartoon between the designated time frame (Nov. 25th- January 1st) and post your results here; with each entry including the day watched, the movie title or the TV show and episode name, and listed in numerical order. This is the basic format, please see the example below. Feel free to add your own comments about each movie/tv show watched, the year it was released, who starred in it, and other miscellaneous information, if you so desire.

The qualifications are fairly flexible, with the only requirement being that the movie, TV show or cartoon should predominantly take place during one of, or a combination of, the allowed holidays; including Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. There is definitely some flexibility here; common sense should be used.

Example:

December 1st:
    1. A Christmas Story [- (year) - comments, etc, if you want!]
    2. Frosty The Snowman [- (year) - comments, etc]

December 2nd:
    3. The X-Files -
    Episode: Christmas Carol - Season 5, Episode 6.

That pretty much sums it up. Most of you should be familiar with these challenges by now, but if you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Again, the challenge will start on November 25th (@ 12:00am), in a couple of days, and will run through January 1st. Any movie/tv show started before 12:00 am on the 1st, but ends thereafter, will count!

Don't forget, this challenge also includes TV Shows and Cartoons.

Have fun!!!

"That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

[FONT=Arial]November 27th
    [/FONT] [FONT=Arial]01. [/FONT][FONT=Arial]The Middle (2009) - Episode: Thanksgiving - Season 1, Episode 8. Thanksgiving at the Heck household. Really enjoying this show, good ep.
    [/FONT][FONT=Arial]02. [/FONT][FONT=Arial]Modern Family (2009) - Episode: Fizbo - Season 1, Episode 9. Luke's Birthday always gets forgotten around the Thanksgiving holiday. Best new show on TV, lovin' it![/FONT]
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

[/FONT] [FONT=Arial]01. [/FONT][FONT=Arial]The Middle (2009) - Episode: Thanksgiving - Season 1, Episode 8. Thanksgiving at the Heck household. Really enjoying this show, good ep.
    [/FONT][FONT=Arial]02. [/FONT][FONT=Arial]Modern Family (2009) - Episode: Fizbo - Season 1, Episode 9. Luke's Birthday always gets forgotten around the Thanksgiving holiday. Best new show on TV, lovin' it!

[/FONT] [FONT=Arial]November 28th
    [/FONT] [FONT=Arial]03. [/FONT][FONT=Arial]Cheers (1986) - Episode: Thanksgiving Orphans - Season 5, Episode 9. Thanksgiving at Carla's... with the pea that started one of the best food fights ever, LOL.
    [/FONT][FONT=Arial]04. [/FONT][FONT=Arial]Seinfeld (1991) - Episode: The Red Dot - Season 3, Episode 12. Christmas at Pendant Publishing, a cashmere sweater, and Hennigan's.[/FONT]

[/FONT][FONT=Arial]02. [/FONT][FONT=Arial]Modern Family (2009) - Episode: Fizbo - Season 1, Episode 9. Luke's Birthday always gets forgotten around the Thanksgiving holiday. Best new show on TV, lovin' it!

[/FONT] [FONT=Arial]03. [/FONT][FONT=Arial]Cheers (1986) - Episode: Thanksgiving Orphans - Season 5, Episode 9. Thanksgiving at Carla's... with the pea that started one of the best food fights ever, LOL.
    [/FONT][FONT=Arial]04. [/FONT][FONT=Arial]Seinfeld (1991) - Episode: The Red Dot - Season 3, Episode 12. Christmas at Pendant Publishing, a cashmere sweater, and Hennigan's.

[/FONT][FONT=Arial]November 29th
    [/FONT] [FONT=Arial]05. [/FONT][FONT=Arial]Futurama (1999) - Episode: Xmas Story - Season 2, Episode 8. Pretty much a classic ep. Still love Prof. Farnsworth skiing (and medaling) in this one.
    [/FONT][FONT=Arial]06. [/FONT][FONT=Arial]Futurama (2001) - Episode: A Tale of Two Santas - Season 4, Episode 2. Good episode. Still love the Blue Chicken Lawyer's appearance, he always cracks me up.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial]Throwing over my list from DVDTalk.

[/FONT]November 23rd

1. Roloff Wonderland

November 24th

2. The Polar Express

November 25th

3. Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas

November 27th

4. A Garfield Thanksgiving
    5. A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving
    6. A Christmas Toy

November 28th

7. South Park - Merry Christmas Charlie Manson

November 29th

8. The Santa Clause
    9. A Christmas Carol in 3-D
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Good deal, thanks for participating DQ!

[/FONT][FONT=Arial]04. [/FONT][FONT=Arial]Seinfeld (1991) - Episode: The Red Dot - Season 3, Episode 12. Christmas at Pendant Publishing, a cashmere sweater, and Hennigan's.

[/FONT][FONT=Arial]November 29th
    [/FONT] [FONT=Arial]05. [/FONT][FONT=Arial]Futurama (1999) - Episode: Xmas Story - Season 2, Episode 8. Pretty much a classic ep. Still love Prof. Farnsworth skiing (and medaling) in this one.
    [/FONT][FONT=Arial]06. [/FONT][FONT=Arial]Futurama (2001) - Episode: A Tale of Two Santas - Season 4, Episode 2. Good episode. Still love the Blue Chicken Lawyer's appearance, he always cracks me up.

[/FONT][FONT=Arial]November 30th
    [/FONT] [FONT=Arial]07. [/FONT][FONT=Arial]Merry Madagascar (2009) - Having never seen any of the movies, I rather enjoyed this special.
    [/FONT][FONT=Arial]08. [/FONT][FONT=Arial]Tales from the Crypt (1989) - Episode: And All Through the House - Season 1, Episode 2. Didn't get to watch this one last year, so I was sure to knock it out early this time around. Love me some Larry Drake![/FONT]

11/30: How the Grinch Stole Christmas
    Shrek the Halls

Is it just me, or did ABC butcher Grinch? I figured someone would be &*^%#ing about it somewhere online, but it seemed rather truncated to me.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Is it just me, or did ABC butcher Grinch? I figured someone would be &*^%#ing about it somewhere online, but it seemed rather truncated to me.
    Not sure... I recorded Shrek the Halls, but passed on Grinch since I have it on DVD.

November 23rd

1. Roloff Wonderland

November 24th

2. The Polar Express

November 25th

3. Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas

November 27th

4. A Garfield Thanksgiving
    5. A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving
    6. A Christmas Toy

November 28th

7. South Park - Merry Christmas Charlie Manson