Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Off and on it took about 10 or 12 hours Of painting. I did about 2 coats of white because it's a crappy type of paint.
    Yuuzhan Vong Figure Petition

The Otters are attacking the Crab party!

I'm thinking about it but I'm not shure what colors.. Any Ideas? Plus I'm waiting for the price to go a little lower

TME, nice work on the starfighter. I like to two-tone look. Keep up the good work.
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

Quote Originally Posted by Sidiously Darth
    TME, nice work on the starfighter. I like to two-tone look. Keep up the good work.
    Thanks and good work trying to revive this forum!

I want to paint some of the red jedistarfighters into the current repaint of aqua....but I need to find some better paint brands from the hobby store (cause testors are too watery) and what is a good suggestion for converting dark red to a light aqua color...

plus how do I get to the aqua color to paint it...(3 parts white to 2 parts mint green?)

or keep painting until it is covered or just remove the paint and start fresh?

Thanks
    VDC
    Collect 2 Collect (if you see someone damaging stuff kick them in the shorts!)
    Great Traders Slicker,KIDD,Rebo's_Guitarist,TURBOWARS,OC47150,
    bobafrett,Jay86,Lman316 & Dark Marble!

Quote Originally Posted by Val Da Car
    I want to paint some of the red jedistarfighters into the current repaint of aqua....but I need to find some better paint brands from the hobby store (cause testors are too watery) and what is a good suggestion for converting dark red to a light aqua color...

plus how do I get to the aqua color to paint it...(3 parts white to 2 parts mint green?)

or keep painting until it is covered or just remove the paint and start fresh?

Thanks
    VDC
    You could spray the ship with some coats of primmer and them I'm sure you could find the color at a shop. To tell you the truth it would be cheaper to just go buy the new ship.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Cause....kbtoys.com has a sale the jedistarfighter for $9.99 each (but on 10/26 there will be a 20% off sale) and I don't want a repaint for $20 since I would rather army build for the money.

two jedi ships for $15.98 and paint for $1.50 and $2.00 for primer it is totally worth it to me.
    Collect 2 Collect (if you see someone damaging stuff kick them in the shorts!)
    Great Traders Slicker,KIDD,Rebo's_Guitarist,TURBOWARS,OC47150,
    bobafrett,Jay86,Lman316 & Dark Marble!

Quote Originally Posted by Val Da Car
    Cause....kbtoys.com has a sale the jedistarfighter for $9.99 each (but on 10/26 there will be a 20% off sale) and I don't want a repaint for $20 since I would rather army build for the money.

two jedi ships for $15.98 and paint for $1.50 and $2.00 for primer it is totally worth it to me.
    Well as long it is worth it to you. My time is worth more to repaint something that is sitting on a shelf, you know what I mean? I hope it turns out well, good luck.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

custom forward command center (ATOC)

My first attempt at building a custom (from scratch)... its my take on the Forward Command Center of the Army of the Republic, battle of Genosis. (I know, I know, the original is round, and mine is square... but's its easier to build a box). Completely scratchbuilt with ABS plastic, some recycled from old computer case parts. The base swivels (an old PC monitor base), and the control panels light up (battery pack). I didn't take a photo with a SW action figure for scale, but it will contain at least two figures sitting in the chairs and three figures standing.

Cubicleslave
    P.S. having problems uploading the pix, the files are too large. I will have to put them up on a webpage and post the link.

Update: here we go... I uploaded the pix into my gallery for viewing:
    http://www.sirstevesguide.com/photo/...00&ppuser=5860
    Last edited by cubicleslave; 01-21-2004 at 07:34 PM.