Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Clone Wars Clone Fighter Concepts?

I am currently considering two concept vehicles.

The first on is the Clone Wars V-19 Fighter (by Kit Bashing the T-16 Skyhopper and a A-Wing).

The second one is to make the mini troop shuttle seen taking off in ANH behind the sand Troopers....
    Collect 2 Collect (if you see someone damaging stuff kick them in the shorts!)
    Great Traders Slicker,KIDD,Rebo's_Guitarist,TURBOWARS,OC47150,
    bobafrett,Jay86,Lman316 & Dark Marble!

Quote Originally Posted by cubicleslave
    My first attempt at building a custom (from scratch)... its my take on the Forward Command Center of the Army of the Republic, battle of Genosis. (I know, I know, the original is round, and mine is square... but's its easier to build a box). Completely scratchbuilt with ABS plastic, some recycled from old computer case parts. The base swivels (an old PC monitor base), and the control panels light up (battery pack). I didn't take a photo with a SW action figure for scale, but it will contain at least two figures sitting in the chairs and three figures standing.

Cubicleslave
    P.S. having problems uploading the pix, the files are too large. I will have to put them up on a webpage and post the link.
    Do you have any photo editing software like Photoshop that can compress the size of your pics? Or you could add it to the Photo gallery section and just post the link to it.
    ACPin
    SSG Dioramas Editor
    ACPin Star Wars Webmaster

Actually MS Photo will resize in a crunch by resizing the pixels

otherwise download this freeware application from download.com called Irfanview....it is great, free and small
    Collect 2 Collect (if you see someone damaging stuff kick them in the shorts!)
    Great Traders Slicker,KIDD,Rebo's_Guitarist,TURBOWARS,OC47150,
    bobafrett,Jay86,Lman316 & Dark Marble!

Thanks for the tip, ACPin. I uploaded the pix into the Photo gallery section: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/photo/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=5860&password=cc38a 05f85fb4c6608fdbec265abc053
    I had tried using Photoshop to compress, but the image files were at 500K and would not squeeze down much below 400k in size. I'm sure it was operator error...

Cubicleslave

Quote Originally Posted by ACPin
    Do you have any photo editing software like Photoshop that can compress the size of your pics? Or you could add it to the Photo gallery section and just post the link to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Val Da Car
    I am currently considering two concept vehicles.

The first on is the Clone Wars V-19 Fighter (by Kit Bashing the T-16 Skyhopper and a A-Wing).

The second one is to make the mini troop shuttle seen taking off in ANH behind the sand Troopers....
    An ambitious project, the imperial troop shuttle/landing craft... there are very little reference photos available. You can find it in the starwars.com databank under "Imperial Landing Craft". Someone built a custom like that on FFURG and they posted the recipe, maybe it will help:
    http://www.ffurg.com/custom_recipe/s...com_tp1104.htm

I have seen some Imperial Shuttle Tiderions available for parts on Ebay lately. That is a project I wouldn't mind tackling myself.

Cubicleslave

Quote Originally Posted by cubicleslave
    I had tried using Photoshop to compress, but the image files were at 500K and would not squeeze down much below 400k in size. I'm sure it was operator error...

Cubicleslave

In Photoshop, go to Image (top menu), then Image Size to open up the box. At the top of that it shows Pixel Dimensions. Either reduce the Width or Height or the Resolution and watch the Pixel Dimensions number change. When it gets below 500kb, you should be okay. Then go to FILE, then Save As. Pick JPEG. It will pop up a box with JPEG Options. The very bottom has a gauge to show you how long it would take people with various connections to download your photo at the current size. Go to the slider bar near the top and pick something in the middle. The QUALITY value will change. Usually something in the neighborhood of 6 (Medium) will be good enough for uploads to SSG. If the SSG board tells you that the image is still too big, just go back and SAVE AS a JPEG again and move the slider down some more. Click OK.

Custom Sith Infiltrator on ebay

I don't know if anyone has seen this, but there is a custom Sith Infiltrator ship up for auction on ebay:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=2474

Its some really nice work. I particularly like the attention to detail, and the ship's cockpit. The builders are Skull Customs, here is their website:
    http://www.skullcustoms.cl/Galeria/Galeria.asp

Inspiring, isn't it? I want to build one...
    I wonder if they would consider building some molds and making a kit out of it. Cast resin, perhaps. Just for the heck of it, I emailed them and asked.

Cubicleslave

Armored Speeder Assault Transport

I pieced this together from an old APC and several home-made parts. Turret spins, back door opens, and stabilizers rotate.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	speeder3.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	75.5 KB 
ID:	23911  

Quote Originally Posted by Medanga Dang View Post
    I pieced this together from an old APC and several home-made parts. Turret spins, back door opens, and stabilizers rotate.
    Awesome! Where's that from "Droids"?
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

Nope, it's a concept vehicle. I always thought that the Imperial Troop Transport from the Vintage line was cool looking, but it just wasn't what I considered reliable for transporting my hostag... guests around in.

I've seen some of the scratch-built vehicles around the internet, and I'm inspired. I hope my pics inspire someone else to create something great.