Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Welcome to the boards. Great job on the painting, that looks fantastic. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Wow, that's pretty swank, especially on such a limited item as that big vac-formed display piece. The engine photographs very nicely, but I think the most impressed I was in those was the screens over the engines, that was a keen touch. With how hollow this piece is, and how unlikely replacement segments are likely to be due to its limited nature, has customizing this been difficult beyond the norm?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Thanks Being that the original lights and power cord still work, it was really only the back engine that needed the work. I've been thinking about how to do it for a while, picking up battery powered LEDs from Big Lots (of all places). The space insde the engine was big enough for almost anything. I painted a final grill that still needs to be installed. As for replacement parts? Impossible. I am replacing the top and bottom cannons with POTF toys, which will actually be the hardest part. I am having to cut a hole in the bottom cannon station to get it to work, but which also allows and arm to go in and really make some changes if wanted. And thanks for noticing the grills on the back. Solution? $2.97 screen window replacement pieces from Lowe's. It even had adhesive already attached.

You wouldn't believe me if I didn't have the pictures... In 2001, I had the single cannon signed by Jeremy Bullock, Boba Fett, in NYC. I had the cannons replaced by scale versions found through the scaled toys, but I kept the cannon obviously.

Well, I met Peter Mayhew last night. Yes, Chewbacca. He signed the radar dish on the outside as requested. "Peter Mayhew Chewbacca" So, a TRU, 6 foot display, original lighting plus engine lights, custom painted to match the movie, a cannon signed by Boba Fett and the radar signed by Chewbacca. Fun

http://s79.photobucket.com/albums/j1...nJG/Chewbacca/

Wow, very wild! Was it difficult for Mayhew to sign something so relatively small and curved? That autograph reminds me of my own messy scrawl. So cool that you got a photo of him signing it, hopefully you get to add even more SW names and this already amazing ship will become even more spectacular.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Thanks I had the chance for Anthony Daniels, but I f'ed that up by forgetting the TRU MF part at home... The one I would want would be Ford, but no chance of that. And, yep, his hands are huge. I'm 6'1" and his hands are twice the size of mine. He did his best and surprised me by holding it sideways and described that it looked like to him at that angle. One of the peeps there to take pics took two pics, which I appreciated. He said he had to get a shot of Chewy holding the radar dish like that.

Awesome! Too bad about Anthony Daniels, I think any actor who was filmed on the Falcon should sign this piece. Also Boba Fett. I hear ya on Harrison Ford, the guy is an autograph recluse, and also a regular recluse.