Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

My DVD Player Won't Display Color

So frustrated! It was working before my housekeepers came and before I pressed buttons on my remote control in the dark.

The TV shows color. Check.
    The Nintendo Wii shows color. Check.
    The VCR shows color. Check.

I can therefore conclude it is not the TV.

The DVD player was just working a while ago (before the housekeeping appointment).

The last movie I watched was Revenge of the Sith - in color.

I've tried changing the connection cables to spares I had. That didn't work.

I've tried changing the output/input jacks I'm using on both the TV and DVD player.

The video playback is very clear, HD, but in black and white. What the heck?!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

What kind of cables connect the DVD player to the TV?

I use component cables (red, blue and green) and on my TV I had to enable component in otherwise it displayed improperly.

Maybe you inadvertantly changed a setting on the player when you pressed the remote buttons in the dark.

Go into the set-up menus for the player and reset everything to the default settings.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Just watch Clerks.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Or Shindler's List.

I think this is the Delayed Y2K bug, slowly making our technology revert back to TGOD (The Good Ol' Days).

Sorry; can't help you with any advice, Tycho. Unless, try going Fonzi and just hit it with your hand. :AAAAAAYYYYYY:
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Or the original King Kong.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by sonofsokol View Post
    What kind of cables connect the DVD player to the TV?

I use component cables (red, blue and green) and on my TV I had to enable component in otherwise it displayed improperly.
    The same. And I have extra component cables so I tried switching them out and it made no difference. Both are high quality cables, too - different brands even.

Ji'Dai: my original remote for my DVD player is burried somewhere in my storage. I might uncover this in the next couple months, but I haven't had it since August of 2005! My medical story has a lot to do with that.

Anyway, I'm having trouble accessing the DVD player's menu otherwise (if it has one -though it probably should).
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

It could be in PAL mode, that'd be in the menus. There are a few other settings that could do it as well, but none of these seem likely. Is it possible you have your cables confused somewhere? If you don't have component out set up properly, it'll give a B&W signal off the white component cable to help set it up. Or it could be that your DVD player is damaged from years of being near the floor (more dust and cats and such) and the component-out doesn't work anymore. Try hooking it up via composite and see if that works in color.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

JT, I barely know what you are talking about (though I thank you for trying to help).

PAL mode is for foreign languages or the hearing impaired, I think.

Otherwise, my DVD player is not being my pal right now, but alternatively, it is being my nemesis.

I don't know what you mean about composite hookups though. Not even a clue.