The Word "Toyetic."

Toyetic - is that a real word? Well I'm using it in threads often these days.

Such as "this or that" would be most "toyetic."

To me it means "prone to make a good toy."

For example, a lot of the vehicles seen in the recent GI Joe movie are most toyetic.

Jocasta Nu, though a figure I want really bad for my dioramas, is not very toyetic. If she were made with a lightsaber - and even more so with a Death Star destroying portable proton torpedo launcher that fits hidden into her library cart - she could be more toyetic.

Even less toyetic, but interesting for me to purchase, would be background moisture farmers from Mos Eisley Spaceport that you see walking by as Luke drives the landspeeder into town, heading for the cantina.

More toyetic would be a LAAT vehicle that drops the AT-TE into battle.

Most toyetic is the AAT tank or Jedi Starfighter because of how affordable that size of vehicle is in its movie authentic form even. (That's why Hasbro made them).

But who else uses the term "toyetic?" Should we use a different word? Should we make that an official word?

Who has the phone number for "Webster" to tell him about this?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Toyetic is not a real word, it's a marketing phrase meant to convey the ability to turn a property into a successful toy or toy line. It's not about the quality of the toy itself, only about the success. The term comes up a lot in hollywood studio executive meetings, where they gauge a project's toyetic potential as a risk-reducer/profit-inducer.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Signed, Drinkability.

cc: Farfignuugen [sp?]
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

I remember the word being used in that From Concept to Screen to Collectible book, which I used to get from the library all the time. It was used in the way JT described.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Farfignuugen [sp?]
    Fahrvergnügen
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Danke! [sp?]
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega