Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Ack! Saga and Newer figures yellowing badly

I just went over to my setup with my Republic Gunship (to attach the turret pod), it's pretty much my only purely Ep 2 setup. I get in there, and first I notice that my POTJ preview Clone Trooper's feet has completely stuck to the floor and footpegs he's on. As I'm working this out, I look over and see Saga Arena Escape Padme and her torso is FULLY yellowed, horribly so in fact. Then I look behind her and the Clone Wars realistic line Clone Trooper's torso is also yellow!

I have a couple more of those Clones handy, and 1 of them has also got his torso yellowing, while the 3rd barely has it starting. Due to the fact that the less yellow clones aren't in the Gunship, I can only conclude that the gunship itself is what's turning them yellow. Maybe it's a coincidence, but it's not the sun because there's another clone in there facing the lighter side of the room who doesn't have yellowing, and the yellow figures have it evenly.

I guess this was bound to happen. I wonder if in another 5 years we'll be noticing the same problem with Ep 3 and The Clone Wars figures as well.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Same thing happened to my 3 CW realistic Clones (basic white) as well. I had them in my CW Gunship. None of the blue or yellow or green Clones I had with them had that problem. I sold the yellowing ones on Ebay earlier in the year, along with the cursed Gunship.

My Saga Commander Cody yellowed similarly, albeit worse. His torso went light yellow-green, in sharp contrast to his limbs which were still blast white. I gave him away to the 6-year old son of one of my wife's friends.

DANG! I wish you hadn't said that about Cody, I just checked mine, he's starting to yellow in the chest as well, that's a bummer. It's not as bad as my Phase 1 Clones.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I have read on various GalacticHunter articles about possibly wiping this stuff off with a wet towel, but it sounds like what's being discussed is the plastic itself, not some film that has been mentioned on there. It could be worth a shot, though.

Either way, I've seen this too, particularly on arena Padmé. Some of the older clones are not holding their color as well as the newer ones, but as JT said, we'll see about that in a few years. It seems like they switched to a different, whiter plastic a few years ago, but who knows.

Cody is a pretty new figure and was quite a bright white when I got him, it doesn't bode well for any shiny white plastic figures.

There was someone recently who formulated a fluid that took it out, but I'm always nervous.

My Cody seems fine, and I've had him in direct light for most of his life.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

[FONT=Courier New]Which gunship(s) are the suspected culprits?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    My Cody seems fine, and I've had him in direct light for most of his life.
    WEEEEEIIIIIRD!

Ando, my Gunship is the original version from the Saga line.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Ando, my Gunship is the original version from the Saga line.
    [FONT=Courier New] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Thank you, JT.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I have 4 of those older AOTC version gunships that I got well after the original release (2 on eBay still in the box back in 2007 and 2 more loose this past summer from a toy store that was moving and didn't want to display them at the new location). [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I don't have any troopers in them right now or even displayed for that matter, but I will keep an eye out for any yellowing of clone troopers that get placed in them.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Good luck there, if you have 4 gunships you probably have a ton of figures to watch out for that went with it.