Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Good luck there, if you have 4 gunships you probably have a ton of figures to watch out for that went with it.
    [FONT=Courier New]I do have a ton of troopers to go in them, yes.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]It will be a few years yet until I have them loaded with troopers and displayed in any permanent way.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Maybe it's a coincidence, but it's not the sun because there's another clone in there facing the lighter side of the room who doesn't have yellowing, and the yellow figures have it evenly.
    Yellowing is caused by heat and UV exposure... and I swear, the effects seem to be totally random when it comes to Star Wars figures. There can be a lot of variation when it comes to the mix of plastics used on figures like clones, so sensitivity to temperature and UV can vary significantly.
    plasticfetish.net

Well, heat and UV are worse on the other side than the one that yellowed, so it is very confusing. And that side has one of those SA clone wars ms Clones next to another preview Clone.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

My Cody is also fine, as are pretty much all of my post-2004 clones. The repacked AOTC clone that came with the Darth Vader carrying case in 2005 is a little more off-white than the several other figures from the mold I've bought since 2007. Arena Padmé's chest is quite yellow, but everything else - even in the gunship - is fine. When I unpacked my stuff from their boxes and baggies last year, my Jabba Glob was secreting something nasty, but it wasn't the "glob" itself. I know this stuff wasn't made to last forever, but most of the vintage line has seemed to hold up, so hopefully the modern line will be good for a while.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I actually checked my Cody thoroughly a little while ago. Not a single spot of yellow anywhere on him. Just a teeny-tiny pinhead.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I buy a lot of used figures and rarely encounter yellowing with newer figures. The one thing to watch out for is figures that have been in the house of a smoker. I bought a large lot of SW stuff this year that looked good in the photo but once I got them they were really yellow. I mean there were some jedi that looked like a different race. They smelled very smokey too. These were mostly POTF/Ep. 1 figures.
    "I have never seen a more sinister and depraved crowd. One would think the rest of the galaxy safe, what with every thug, debaucher, and scofflaw having gathered here."

―C-3PO, to R2-D2, commenting on the inhabitants of Jabba's palace

I'm not a smoker, so it'd definitely not be that with the figures I mentioned.

I once bought a box of MASK vehicles on ebay, and when it arrived, they reeked of cig smoke, had to leave them on the balcony for a week and even that didn't do it.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I noticed that my Elite Coruscant Clone Commander (the one from the Evolutions that was later put out as a single carded figure -- has the fancy pattern on his 'skirt') suffers the same problem as my old Cody: a yellowing torso.

It's just wierd. I don't smoke and I keep them in plastic bags, stored in plastic totes, at the top of my closet -- away from sunlight and with low humidity.

Alot of of my Commtech Stormtroopers are starting to fade to yellow. Not real bad, but when you put them next to the new Stormtroopers the color fade is pretty obvious. Anyone else seen this issue with the Commtech stormies?

I think some yellowing is normal. My commtech troopers are starting to yellow a bit too. Same as you, I can't really tell by just looking at them, but its noticeable when you compare it to a brand new trooper. I have a VOTC stormtrooper who looks a little off colored also.