Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Would You Buy Lando Calrissian's Lady Luck?

I am continuing my thread series.

This will discuss ONLY the vehicle in the title of the thread (in this case Lando Calrissian's luxury yacht, the Lady Luck from numerous sources in the Expanded Universe). Picture below.

I will cover several unmade vehicles for the action figures per week, choosing them from a rotating schedule through the movies and the Expanded Universe.

I'll order it TPM, AOTC, ROTS, ANH, ESB, ROTJ, EU, and then keep going back through the order in that manner.

So here I'm only asking you if you'd buy Lando Calrissian's luxury yacht, the Lady Luck from numerous sources in the Expanded Universe.

Main characters need their ships. That much is true. Lando's isn't as large as others I've discussed the ship believe though.

The "real ship," has a pilot and co-pilot, and can hold 10 passengers. Now it does have a swimming pool aboard, but the toy doesn't need to come with that unless it also includes a figure of Lando in his swimsuit and re-packs of all the Twi'lek dancing girls Hasbro's ever turned into action figures...

This ship can be made off-scale, the size of the vintage Rebel Transport most likely. There are 5 laser cannons that conceal on the real ship, and the toy should at least have 3 - which might fire missiles. There is also a hidden ion cannon, which the toy ship could also include. There ARE smuggling compartments aboard, which you would expect. The cockpit need only hold 2 figures.

So do you want the Lady Luck vehicle released?

What other features would you want on it?

Why would you NOT want it?

What price range is fair, and what is predictable for this to be retailed for?

How do you think it would sell if produced?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lando-LadyLuck_SWGTCG-AoD.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	32.6 KB 
ID:	22062   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	529px-Ladyluck-NEGVV.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	22063   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	800px-Lady_luck_bridge.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	22064  
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

No thanks. This thing is 50% larger than the Falcon, but 10 times more boring. 5 hidden little guns and it looks like a flying toilet. Just like too many eu designs, this thing isn't very SW esque.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I don't think it would sell very well at all, accordingly Hasbro would never make it but if they did I doubt I'd buy it. Even belonging to an OT character I just wouldn't see the point in having it. And if they were going to make something the size of the vintage rebel transport I think the rebel transport itself would be the better option as at least that was in the films.

I echo JT. The EU has some pretty pitiful ship designs (though if that's carpet onboard in the last picture, I can't decide if that's ridiculous or ridiculously awesome).
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Nope. There are just way too many other ships that could use a re-design/re-release that would hold much more value.

Terrible design, no way.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Absolutely. Even moreso if it comes with a 3.75"-scale minibar and plays "Can't Get Enough of Your Love, Babe" whenever you open the hatch.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

i wouldn't buy it, don't think it would sell. don't think hasbro would ever make it, unless it somehow appears as a "hero" ship from a major story arc in clone wars

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    I echo JT. The EU has some pretty pitiful ship designs (though if that's carpet onboard in the last picture, I can't decide if that's ridiculous or ridiculously awesome).
    One thing is that the EU doesn't benefit from having MOVIE-level designers working on their ships, but some of the comic book artists are better than others. The Lady Luck was originally desinged for the novels though, and not drawn out first for any visual medium other than the Guide To Essential Vehicles or something like that.

Some of the comic book artists and video game designers have done better for the EU though.

Yes, JabbaJohn, that IS carpeting on the Lady Luck's bridge. Lando has something like felt rugs all over the ship. The interior is like "a party at the Holiday Inn," of course. There is also a wet bar aboard - I'm not kidding either. I don't know if the toy will need one though.

"Can't Get Enough Of Your Love," is a great audio track for the ship however, especially if Hasbro will add electronics.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

This thing looks like someone took a Sail Skiff and stuck in on the front of a Sail Barge, then added the engine nacelles from Queen Amidala's Ep1 Starship.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis