Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Joker Squad

Joker Squad

I can't find a thread on this. I'm not sure if it indicates a level of non-interest.

I was just looking at pictures of this, since it's on clearance at Entertainment Earth. Still don't think I'll get it, but I had a few questions:

1) Is this "Hondo Karr" fellow just a repainted ANH Luke Skywalker? In fact, is he even repainted? He looks just like Luke.

2) What's so special about the female Stormtrooper? She supposedly has "unique" armor because she's a girl, but I don't see any difference aside from the scale. Not to be crude, but she must be the most flat-chested woman in the Empire.

3) What's with Darth Tessek's, uh, string-attached-to-a-knife-hilt thing? Is that supposed to be one of those stupid "lightwhips" like that stupid Lumiya character used in stupid comics that should've been forgotten but were dredged up for stupid novels? Shouldn't it, uh, not be black, if it's made of light?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    1) Is this "Hondo Karr" fellow just a repainted ANH Luke Skywalker? In fact, is he even repainted? He looks just like Luke.
    No, it's a completely new head sculpt. The hair makes him look like Luke, though. It's more mullet-y in the back.

2) What's so special about the female Stormtrooper? She supposedly has "unique" armor because she's a girl, but I don't see any difference aside from the scale. Not to be crude, but she must be the most flat-chested woman in the Empire.
    It's more or less the same armor as a man's, but like you said, smaller. I think she has the same leg sculpt, but the arms are thinner and the chest has more room for her, uh, humps.

3) What's with Darth Tessek's, uh, string-attached-to-a-knife-hilt thing? Is that supposed to be one of those stupid "lightwhips" like that stupid Lumiya character used in stupid comics that should've been forgotten but were dredged up for stupid novels? Shouldn't it, uh, not be black, if it's made of light?
    I guess it's a "shock whip", not a light whip, whatever that means. Maybe it's a normal whip that he sends an electric shock through, but I can't say for sure.

I got this set back in March. It's okay, but I really haven't given it a ton of thought since then. Since you and I both aren't fans of Legacy, Chux, I'd say you'd be more than fine passing on it.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I purchased two of them, one to open, the second to open. I plan on taking the bearded dude, and making him into me.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

There's another thread, but I don't remember what it's called, it's not this.

1) It's a totally different sculpt, but a similar-looking character.

2) They chest is different, they gave her torso a feminine waist, and slightly smaller limbs.

3) Darth Maleval uses a shock whip in the comic, which is different from a lightwhip. Originally, Hasbro was going to do it red like the activated whip, but then they released that string of it deactivated in the final version: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Shock_whip

I was really excited by this set initially, 4 basic Stormies, a lady Stormie, and the Quarren Sith looked cool. But the prototype didn't match the production models, the lightwhip became a cheap string, the helmets use the small lens sculpt which is awkward and don't fit as well, Maleval's cloak got really cheap looking, and all the paint got a little "lesser than". That said, the only thing holding me back from buying it when all was said and done was EE's shipping prices, even once when they dropped the main pricetag for a sale price, their shipping plus tax here in CA was too much for my blood.

Yak did a good photo guide of the set here: http://www.yakface.com/TGuide2004/ht...okersquad.html
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Okay, thanks. I can see a bit more difference in the Stormtroopette's sculpt in those pics. That one dude, though, man, he looks just like Luke Skywalker. In fact, I think that might be a better ANH Luke headsculpt than more than half the actual ANH Lukes!

Darth Tessek's armor looks pretty cool without the cloak, I must say.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Maleval's armor without the cloak reminds me the tiniest bit of Durge, just in the way the shoulders and waist proportions are.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    What's so special about the female Stormtrooper? She supposedly has "unique" armor because she's a girl, but I don't see any difference aside from the scale. Not to be crude, but she must be the most flat-chested woman in the Empire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    It's more or less the same armor as a man's, but like you said, smaller. I think she has the same leg sculpt, but the arms are thinner and the chest has more room for her, uh, humps.
    You're both right. The female stormtrooper sculpt is very similar to the male in that she does appear to be rather flat chested. It's different because it's more tapered around the waist and has a longer midriff section. When you put it next to the standard male version you can see a significant difference. I got it from eBay since it was the only one in the set I was actually interested in. I was a little disappointed in the chest armor sculpt (wink wink, nudge nudge).

I bought this set but only once it went on sale from EE. I'm not a fan of Legacy stuff but the Sith lord is cool and getting at least three plain Stormtroopers was welcome. Especially for those who hate the Jango heads or want variety under the buckets. The trooper with the paint on his arms is pretty useless if you're doing an OT dio or something but you could also try and remove it or paint over it too. The chick was a neat novelty and so when I bought the set for $20 it didn't seem like such a bad deal.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Does anyone know if the yellow stripe comes off the armor easily?
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Haven't tried, but if you've got a technique I'd be more than happy to make mine a guinea pig.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.