Droid Gunship...

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b5.../IMG_0269a.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b5.../IMG_0270a.jpg

And the Swamp Speeder...

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b5.../IMG_0273a.jpg

Sources on both:
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Droid_gunship
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Swamp_Speeder

Test shots are runs of the molds using leftover alternate-colored plastics without paint to see if the mold is going to work as intended.

I'm quite surprised to see the Swamp Speeder, it's just not talked about much anymore, looks like a couple armchairs with a fan in between. This appears to be a faithful rendition of that though.

The Droid Gunship looks like a $20 size, but does seem to have an opening cockpit in the head. It looks fairly faithful, but they definitely took a hit on size.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'm not too interested in the prequel vehicles, even though they look extremely well done, but the Swamp Speeder does raise my hopes that Hasbro has some all-new, SA Wookiees planned for next year. Prequels or not, Wookiees are always cool.
    Last edited by bigbarada; 12-04-2009 at 09:57 AM. Reason: posted in the wrong thread
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Don't care too much for the swamp speeder, the design in general looks oversized for a speeder, and this really highlights that with a lack of apparent features to use up that space. I want to see it try to tackle Dagobah - they'd need an entire squad ahead of them cutting down the trees.

The gunship I think looks great, and would be incredibly fun to swoosh around while launching the barrage of missiles all the time. The only bad part is that it looks like it will be awkward to hold, and reloading all of those missiles could get tiring.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

The swamp speeder looks awesome, even though I wasn't clamoring for it. However, it's not surprising given that it fits in the starfighter vehicle assortment size and price range. It's also smart timing because of the TurboTank being out there and a focus on Kashyyyk - versus say Anakin's Jedi airpseeder - if only for this particular time and moment. But I think the Republic Forces are overwhelming on Kashyyyk, now with the TurboTank.

I'm glad to see the Droid Gunship make it! I really wanted this one!

Republic:

Turbo Tank
    AT-RT
    AT-TP
    Swamp Speeder

Wookiees:

Wookiee flyer

Separatists:

Corporate Alliance Tank Droid
    Dwarf Spider Droid
    Droid Gunship

I think I'm using a Homing Spider Droid and the swamp colored Hailfire Droid here as well to give them more firepower. Don't remember what else was in the movie. I'm not remembering something Hasbro has made already. Maybe there was an AAT Tank colored correctly for use in this environment?

They really need to make the Wookiee Catamaran!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lt.Basker
    I want to see it [the swamp speeder] try to tackle Dagobah - they'd need an entire squad ahead of them cutting down the trees.
    Buy an Indiana Jones KOTCS jungle cutter vehicle on clearance and put the clones on it.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

[FONT=Courier New]In a surprising move for me and my GAR centric collection, I will pass on the Swamp Speeder and get 2 Droid Gunships.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

I like the look of these so far, but I want to see how these look all painted up. I think if the swamp speeder ends up being too clean that might be a problem for me. Probably in for one of each though.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Nice find! I wasn't expecting these at all. The movie designs are a little plain, but the Hasbro versions look nice. I know about the swamp speeder, but I can't find it in the film.

Anyway, with all the recent prototype findings, and looking at the top 30 from the most wanted vehicle poll, we now have or soon will have seven of those, which is pretty good (including the Cloud Car, new snowspeeder, and droid gunship).
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Before seeing the pictures, I would have turned down either of these. Now I'm not so sure. Both look pretty good and will probably be really fun for the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    I'm not too interested in the prequel vehicles, even though they look extremely well done, but the Swamp Speeder does raise my hopes that Hasbro has some all-new, SA Wookiees planned for next year. Prequels or not, Wookiees are always cool.
    I hadn't thought about that, but these are both Kashyyyk vehicles, so it seems like some good supposition there.

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker View Post
    The gunship I think looks great, and would be incredibly fun to swoosh around while launching the barrage of missiles all the time. The only bad part is that it looks like it will be awkward to hold, and reloading all of those missiles could get tiring.
    I think the rear landing leg that folds down looks like it could also be intended as a handle.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I am pretty happy to see these come up. Although it does seem like they are running out of ideas for smaller vehicles. I can't think of any other starfighter sized vehicles for them to do, other than Anakin's speeder.