Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    LOL - half scalpers and half fans .

However, it does amaze me that with so many adult collectors in the area that we can't get better organized so that we aren't all running around hitting the same stores repeatedly especially during slow weeks. I would love to try and pool funds eventually to just purchase a case every now and then. I've done this with similar situations when it comes to other hobbies. Seems like it would save some time and money for everyone. Just a thought for the future.

JD

Hey guys, glad to see this thread getting some more followers!

Pooling for a case isn't a bad idea, especially because as far as Vintage wave 2 goes, that's all HTS has on their site at the moment. Unfortunately, with that wave I think most people only want the same half case of figures with the exception of the foil UGH figs. Where do you usually prowl Jon? I'm in the East Bay as well and usually stick to the 680 corridor from Concord down to Pleasanton. If we overlap, let me know and I'll post more often when I find things.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Wow, 4 of us, just thought it was me and dark jedi. Well I am in on the coop bay area hunting. Let me know what you all are hunting, I will do likewise and we can work together.

Dark Jedi makes a good point. My roaming location goes from San Ramon to Dublin, to San Leandro and thru fremont. Whats everyone elses territory?

Im gonna be in slight hibernation spending wise due to my extended divorce proceedings and my kids halloween costume building but I still will be in stores looking for cool stuff.

Looks like we are all hunting in the same areas.

I usually look in the Fremont/Hayward/San Leandro/Dublin/Livermore stores - Target, TRUS, Walmart, TJM, Ross,etc... although I will go further down to Emeryville and as far as Pinole.

At the moment, I'm not looking for much in the way of SW Vintage items unless they come on sale. I have the one Vintage must have on my list - Magnaguard. I am waiting for the next wave of Clone Wars figs.

I am looking for non-SW figures such as the Marvel Universe and some DC figures, mainly the Crisis figs. If anyone comes across MU Wave 10 or Archangel and Havok from Wave 9, please let me know or grab them and I'll be happy to pay for them.

If folks have things they are looking for, please post your list.

Quick Tip - the Walmart off of Whipple Road has Legacy AT-ST's w/ figures marked down to $30. Get them while you can. I already picked up one for myself and another for a friend today. They have at least six more in the clearance section.

Have a good weekend all.

JD

Unfortunately, it seems this area is closer to 95% scalpers. I've had guys in the parking lot offer to sell me stuff they just bought at TRU for way more than they paid for it, but sadly I've never once had a fellow collector in the Bay Area offer to help me find stuff I could buy direct from the store. I collect for the sheer joy of it, and couldn't care less what something is purportedly 'worth,' only whether or not it's something I want. I refuse to pay secondary market prices - especially when there should be plenty to go around, and it chaps my hide when someone is only into my hobby for the purposes of making a quick buck off of real fans.
    If you guys are like-minded collectors, I'd love it if we could help each other out! I live in Concord, and I regularly (weekly) range from Fairfield to Emeryville, and sometimes as far out as Napa.
    I'm mainly into DCU Classics, GI Joe, Star Wars, and Marvel U. I'm currently hunting for these:

Wal-Mart Jabba

TRU EU wave (have a feeling the ship has sailed on that one, though)

POC Spirit, Quick-Kick and Shadow Tracker

Black Widow, Colossus, Archangel, Havok, Kitty Pride, and Captain Britain from Marvel U.

Iron Man 2 Comic Iron Monger, Whiplash and Black Widow

Lego Mini-Figures Series 1 and 2 (came across Series 2 at Target in Walnut Creek just yesterday, though I have never seen Series 1 at retail)

Quote Originally Posted by RooJay View Post
    Unfortunately, it seems this area is closer to 95% scalpers. I've had guys in the parking lot offer to sell me stuff they just bought at TRU for way more than they paid for it, but sadly I've never once had a fellow collector in the Bay Area offer to help me find stuff I could buy direct from the store. I collect for the sheer joy of it, and couldn't care less what something is purportedly 'worth,' only whether or not it's something I want. I refuse to pay secondary market prices - especially when there should be plenty to go around, and it chaps my hide when someone is only into my hobby for the purposes of making a quick buck off of real fans.
    Here, here! I ran into a guy not too long ago doing essentially the same thing. The worst part was he was taking all of the figs of the pegs as I got there and then looked through is cart to see what he had gotten and put the stuff he didn't want back. Like he claimed it all just in case and then sorted it. Unfortunately he took almost all of the Wave 2 Vintage figures leaving only a UGH Han and the Obi-Wan (two snoozers if you ask me). Then outside he said since he saw I was interested, he'd sell some to me at triple cost cause "that's what I can get on eBay". Yeah right.

Quote Originally Posted by RooJay View Post
    I'm currently hunting for these:

Wal-Mart Jabba

TRU EU wave (have a feeling the ship has sailed on that one, though)
    Both of these were very problematic for me. I managed to get the EU wave because I joined a "one of each figure" club and paid a premium on them from an etailer but I only ever saw the alien guard and whiphid jedi out of the wave. There's almost no way this wave appears back on the shelf since it's in the old packaging but it's possible that it will end up at a Ross or where ever TRU dumps their old stuff. And Hasbro did say that the Spacetrooper and the Darktrooper will be making a return in the Saga Legends line so people can army build them. As for Jabba, I know he's turned up at the Mountain View WM but the stores on our side of the Bay seem to have gotten two in and sold them right away with seemingly no more behind them. I ordered mine from WM.com and it arrived in the mail just a few days ago. I'll let you guys know if I see either of these!
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Wow, very enlightening discussion about scalpers. I haven't run into any scalpers in my trips. However, I have heard stories from cashiers about older guys buying up large numbers of figures.

Roojay - I'll keep an eye out for your MU requests. I've seen Colossus and Kitty Pride a number of times, but less frequently lately. I'll PM you if I get them. I think this week will be the release week for the Mystique set.

Hope we can all help each other out. I'll also post any deals that I may spot.

Costco had the best deal lately with the 2 packs of CW vehicles for $25.00.

JD

Just got my Jabba. No chance to check him out yet as I am going to work.

Secondly, what is the CW vehicle thing at costco for $25?

Certain Costco stores in California (not sure about the rest of the country) are selling two packs of the full-sized Clone Wars vehicles (Droid Tanks, Grievious's Starfighter, Jedi Starfighter, etc...) for $25. I was able to pick up quite a few at the Danville Costco. Great price. You are essentially getting them two for the price of one.

RooJay - Colossus fig

RooJay - I sent you a PM earlier today about an extra Colossus.