Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Legacy Millenium Falcon - what's it worth to you?

Hi Guys,
    Ok, I initially passed on the BMF when it was released for a few reasons... primarily the price, then the size, and finally (believe it or not), basic lack of enthusiasm about it.

So, fast forward to about a week a go... yes, the TRU half off sale. This really inspired me to pick it up (aforementioned reasons thrown aside considering the half off sale). Of course, I was NOT able to find a TRU with it in stock.

So, now, after seeing all kinds of reviews, videos, etc... (and watching the OT again recently)...I'm to the point where I really want one.

They're going for about $160 & up (shipped) on ebay. Basically, I'm looking at it like this: Is it worth $200? It's not the price so much as just the interest/space limitation issues. I'm thinking that I've been looking at so much stuff online about it that maybe I've artificially amped up my interest to the point of where I wouldn't mind paying 200 for it now. Even though the original incentive was that it was half off!! I'm sure someone else can relate to this scenario.....

If anyone can help with the decision, please post, Thanks

I love it, totally made me feel like a kid again. That said, I would NOT drop $200 as I am sure it will be re-released down the road again. I mean, I bought it day one, but $130 sounds way better than $200
    Real men buy Willrow

I was more than willing to pay $160 for it at TRU, even knowing it would be $10 cheaper elsewhere. It's probably my favorite item in the line. Of course, getting it on sale would have been great, but still . . .
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I remember viewing the Comic-Con slide show on Sirsteves and couldn't wait to get my hands on one. I paid AUD$169 for mine, but I was willing to pay AUD$200 if I couldn't get it cheaper. It's so worth it. You can create so many different dioramas with it and just the massive size of it is impressive (most impressive!!). Love it to bits. Would definately be my favourite 3 3/4" vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by AmanaMatt View Post
    I love it, totally made me feel like a kid again. That said, I would NOT drop $200 as I am sure it will be re-released down the road again. I mean, I bought it day one, but $130 sounds way better than $200

I have to agree. You'll defintely see this again at some point on shelves, so you might save some $$ if you can hold off until its restocked. But on the other hand, it is incredibly cool and all the good things people say about the BMF are totally true. I bought mine the first day.

If you can afford it, then buy it and worry about space limitations later. No decent 3 3/4" Star Wars collection is without one.

Thanks for the replies I'll probable decide this week at some point. I'm not worried about the money, that's not an issue (I mean sure I'd LIKE to get a deal on it, but if I feel something's worth the cash I don't mind spending it either). The space limitation is kind of a big deal, but I've recently downsized a bit by selling some stuff on ebay. I always have my dad's to store stuff at too if it comes to that

As far as I'm concerned its a vehicle you have to have. If space is an issue you can rest it on its side up against a wall when you're not looking at it. I have no shelves at the moment and most of my stuff is boxed up including the Falcon now but I did have it out and thats how I kept it accessible without taking up all the floor space permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by Devo View Post
    As far as I'm concerned its a vehicle you have to have. If space is an issue you can rest it on its side up against a wall when you're not looking at it. I have no shelves at the moment and most of my stuff is boxed up including the Falcon now but I did have it out and thats how I kept it accessible without taking up all the floor space permanently.
    Yeah, it's big, but not THAT big... I have a bunch of those sterlite/rubbermade bins what I keep a lot of stuff stored in. I'm in a small apt. right now, but eventually hope to get into my own house within a year or 2.

Fifty bucks. Having never seen one for fifty bucks, I don't have one. Don't get me wrong--it's an awesome toy. I just don't want to pay more than fifty for it.
    Tommy, close your eyes.