Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Would You Buy The Battle Droid Carrier Skiff Vehicle From TPM?

I am continuing my 3 3/4" vehicle thread series.

This will discuss ONLY the vehicle in the title of the thread (in this case the Battle Droid Carrier Skiff Vehicle From TPM). [PICTURE BELOW]

I will cover several unmade vehicles for the action figures per week, choosing them from a rotating schedule through the movies and the Expanded Universe.

I'll order it TPM, AOTC, ROTS, ANH, ESB, ROTJ, EU, and then keep going back through the order in that manner.

So here I'm only asking you if you'd buy the Battle Droid Carrier Skiff Vehicle From TPM?

I can see retailers trying to hock this for the $70 price range, but it need not be. Couldn't $50 be sufficient for a decent return if Hasbro decided to invest in the tooling for this? It can be way off scale but function well-enough to hold maybe 10 stored battle droids and host a cockpit for 2 figures (pilot and co-pilot).

I think the ship could fire missiles from its weapons, maybe 2 of them to make this more fun for kids but that should be about it.

Do you want this made?

How do you think it would sell if produced?

It's easily possible that this craft could appear in The Clone Wars. Do you want to see it there, as it would aide in kids identifying it and making it a more viable product proposal for the Separatist Army?

NOTE: looking at this craft, if Hasbro made the MTT, they could use the same tooling for its droid carrier rack and offer it here, getting half this vehicle done from the get-go.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scarrier.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	22101  
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I don't dislike the vehicle. Large scale diorama builders would probably like something like this to throw into the background of a diorama to depict how the troops get to and from the battle field. Also it would have lots of moving parts if not missiles which generally kids like. I would not want this over the MTT or even before the MTT because, IMO, it's a lot more boring but fills the same need so we might never see the MTT if this was done first. But I'll go ahead and say yes.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

I'd probably buy one, but I wouldn't be that terribly excited about it. It wasn't featured prominently in the TPM and I don't find the design very exciting.

i would have to see what the vehicle looks like before making a final decision. questions pop in my mind about this one...will it be in accurate scale ?, will it comes with new SA droids that can fold up like they do in the movie ? what price range are we looking at ? will it be strong enough to be a general release or weak where it wuld trigger a store exclusive ?
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

I have the Lego version, and even then, I remember not knowing what this thing was. Isn't it in the background of the scene where OOM-9 talks to the holograms of Nute and Rune, and that's it? It's not terribly exciting or memorable, but it wouldn't be bad to own. If they do it without the battle droids, I think they could easily put it in the starfighter line (probably scaled down a bit).
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I have to say no. It's not that I don't like the concept, but it's not exciting and a toy won't be able to replicate anything in the film universe that I'd want. It won't hover, it won't accordion out, and the droids won't transform.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I don't remember seeing this in TPM. I'd buy it if I wasn't otherwise spending a fortune at the time. However if money is a consideration it'd be one to pass on.

Nope. I'm pretty much done with collecting prequel stuff, especially non-aggressive, boring Prequel stuff.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Devo View Post
    I don't remember seeing this in TPM. I'd buy it if I wasn't otherwise spending a fortune at the time. However if money is a consideration it'd be one to pass on.
    It definitely is in the film, you can see a few as part of the convoy floating towards Theed. There's also one in ROTS.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.