To the nines in '09

Over the summer, we had Peter Jackson's District 9.

In September, there was the Burton-produced 9.

And this morning I see an ad for a musical coming in a week or so called Nine?

Given that they think the entire populace is barely smart enough to heat up a Pop Tart, doesn't anyone in Hollywood think this could be confusing?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post

Given that they think the entire populace is barely smart enough to heat up a Pop Tart, doesn't anyone in Hollywood think this could be confusing?
    Don't forget "2012" If you add up the digits in the name of the movie, 2+0+1+2=5, then add that to the number of digits, 4, you get 4+5=9

It's a conspiracy I tell you!

Quote Originally Posted by el chuxter View Post
    over the summer, we had peter jackson's district 9.

In september, there was the burton-produced 9.

And this morning i see an ad for a musical coming in a week or so called nine?

Given that they think the entire populace is barely smart enough to heat up a pop tart, doesn't anyone in hollywood think this could be confusing?
    Nein Nein Nein!!!
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    Given that they've been announced for several months, and none of them are out at the same time, and they all deal with wildly different subject matter, I don't think it's really a problem. It is indeed an interesting coincidence, though.

But we're talking about an industry that has so little faith in the minds of moviegoers that they changed the long-established Matrix in Transformers to "Allspark," even though it doesn't show up anywhere in the title, nor could the movies possibly be any more different, because they reportedly thought it would confuse people. They also scrapped the well-known name "Hellblazer" when adapting that popular comic book to the screen, going with "Constantine" because they were afraid people would confuse it with the decades-old, again not possibly more different, "Hellraiser."

Then again, maybe Keanu Reaves is so stupid that his involvement, even tangentially, in any movie makes the suits do silly changes because they have to make sure Keanu isn't confused, dude.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    Nein Nein Nein!!!
    GOOD CALL, SIR !!!

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post

I would be confused if more than 1 of those are any good...I absolutely loved District 9 but I thought 9 and Nine looked pretty meh.

I agree with you though Chux, you're right about those issues of Hollywood being concerned about confusion with other titles...those are pretty ridiculous.

[FONT=Courier New]I agree with Chux. To add to the confusion, here's this:[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Comcast ON Demand has a section for movie trailers and they CONSTANTLY show the wrong names or the second or third tier supporting cast members in the text with the movie description and for a while they had Daniel Day Lewis' name listed for "9" (the animated one) along with Elijah Wood's name instead of for "Nine" (the musical one). [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]If any of that confused anyone, then I guess it further proves the point of the OP.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]