Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Worst Star Wars names

This has nothing to do with the characters, just the names. Which ones rub you the wrong way, and why?

For me, the winner is Count Dooku. Like I've said before, it sounds like the sewage auditing job no one wants. "Excuse me, Anakin, but this burrito isn't settling with my stomach. I have to go and count dooku."

For the EU, Vandolay. There's a place for decent homage, and there could've been a clever way to reference Seinfeld (A'bubot could've been a less obvious one that fans would get). But to tack George's alias on a Imperial grunt who looks nothing like Jason Alexander and for no reason, that is the definition of fail.

EU runner-up would be Soon Baytes. Honestly, man, that's just bad. I hope someone at Lucasfilm got fired over green-lighting that one.

Film runner-up, definitely Commander Cody. Cute. An homage to both a one-hit wonder and a forgotten serial. Ha ha. Beat us over the head with it, why don't you? Why weren't the other clone commanders called Commander Jan, Commander Dean, and Commander Carl Wilson and have them cruise around in an Intech Sloop John B-409?

I think Jango Fett has a pretty lousy name, too. That worked once, for junior. Not so much for daddy. It just lacks the ring of the original. "This is Boba Fett, the notorious bounty hunter. His father was Jango Fett. No, the bounty hunter Jango Fett, not the French jazz guitarist Django Fett."
    Tommy, close your eyes.

General Grievous and Darth's Maul & Sidious are pretty terrible also.
    Was Darth Evil too obvious?
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Jar Jar

Fisto isn't a winning name either....
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

Fisto is silly, but I kinda think "Kit Fisto" has a sort of goofy ring to it.

How about Padme, Sabe, Corde, Dorme, Eirtae, Rabe, Yane, Sache, Fe, Dane, Verse, Motee, Elle? Unless there's an official explanation that female Naboo names usually end in an accented letter 'E' (sort of like how names in Latin-based languages like Spanish or French end in a particular letter--unlikely given the names of Padme's two successors), or that the 'E' is actually a title, it's a little corny. "Oh, I'm sorry, Susan. You look just like me, and your military record is exemplary, as is your resume as an actress. However, I can't hire you as a handmaiden because your name ends in the wrong letter."
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Come to think of it, as much as I hate to knock Ewoks, how about this:

Chirpa
    Logray
    Paploo
    Teebo
    Warok
    Graak
    Romba
    Lumat
    Tarfang
    Kaink
    Chuka-Trokh
    Kneesa
    Widdle
    Nho'Apakk
    Weechee
    Deej...

Wicket W. Warrick???

Um, one of these things is not like the others.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

[FONT=Courier New]Even though I like the name Anakin, I thought it wasn't very fair to give a whiny *male* character a nickname like "Ani".[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

There are a lot here already that bug me, all the Padme gals are way up there.

Pello Scrambas. I think the guy is cool, but that name stinks.

Wald and Kitster are waaaaay up my list.

Shmi is near the top.

Sio Bibble is a ridiculous name.

Queen Jamilla and Queen Apailana are both bad names.

Typho. Has a really bad flow to it, very weak and a little silly.

A lot of the "sounds like what it is" names, like Rannat and Voolvif Monn. The only one off the top of my head that works for me is Ree Yees, and that's probably just nostalgia.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Elan Sleazbaganno.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!