Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question and just who the hell is vader sensing aboard the death star anyway

when vader is standing in front of the falcon, right after he orders a complete scan of the ship, he ponders for a moment, and then says to himself......i sense something....somthing i haven't felt....., and then he storms off like a man on mission.

i know, i know, back in the good old days, when tatooine was still the farthest spot from the center of universe, not grand central station , lucas meant for that line to be about obi-wan.

but lets take a look at who's aboard the ship, and who might be giving off this aura of senses.

obi-wan - vaders original master
    luke - vaders son (who by the way is carrying vaders old light saber from his hilt!)
    c3p0 - vaders droid that he built from scratch (and gave as a present to his mom)
    r2d2 - astromech droid who accompanies vader on his 1st space exploits

that some powerful senses being eminated from this supposed empty ship!

the only sensing voids should be han and chewie (although, don't be too surprized if in one of the two next movies, ol vader has some kind of adventure with the ageless wookie)

with all that baggage contained aboard the falcon, right in front of him, the only thing that his great sith mind can sense is obi-wan?

allright george, lets see you paint yourself outta this corner!
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    what's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding

I always thought he'd smelt the Wookiee. Reminiscing about his days on Coruscant traversing the vast planet with the many imigrants of the Wookiee persuasion. They had to be a bit smelly. Like a giant dog. You telling me a warrior like that doesn't give off some mighty wiffy pheromones? That's what vader sensed. And he hadn't sensed it since Senator prootection duties back when he was a lad.......

How's that for a get out? Oh suit yourselves... *man this is a tough crowd to please!*
    Scooobydoo, where are you!!!

He was sensing OBI WAN, his old friend, he storms off to kill him.

yet again, overanalyzation.
    Beyond the Staples Center you can see America,
    With its tired, poor, avenging disgrace,
    Peaceful, loving youth against the brutality,
    Of plastic existence.

This seems like a question created from a line taken out of context of the film. In context, it seems plain that he's talking about Obi-Wan, look what Vader's next line in the film is:
    VADER: He is here...

TARKIN: Obi-Wan Kenobi! What makes you think so?

VADER: A tremor in the Force. The last time I felt it was in the presence of my old master.

TARKIN: Surely he must be dead by now.

VADER: Don't underestimate the power of the Force.

TARKIN: The Jedi are extinct, their fire has gone out of the universe. You, my friend, are all that's left of their religion.
    Vader's previous line is related since both lines are talking about what Vader has just started sensing. I'm confident Obi-Wan was what Vader was sensing all along, there's nothing to show Vader senses anything from Luke later in the movie and NEVER is shown sensing the droids.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Red face of course i know vader was tawkin bout obi-wan

i was just havin' fun with all the other folk from vaders past who just happened to be along for the ride. (i wouldn't even be surprised if shmi's shriveled old body was in the fruit seller cargo hold ala psycho! )

i was only noting that it's the one moment from the classic trilogy where the greatest amount of people, and or things from vaders past are gathered in one spot right in front of him.

as an added ingredient of fun to the above mix, (i'm still expectin' to see the falcon make some kind of appearance in one of the next two flicks, and as everything else in the universe seems to have some kind of past with vader, i'm sure that he's gonna treat himself to a joy ride aboard it)
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    what's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding

Dude, don't scare me like that, we have enough conspiricy folks who are convinced Sidious and Palpatine aren't the same guy and Vader stopped Fett from shooting Chewie because of 3PO.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'm convinced that Padme and the others use the battered old freighter to escape Coruscant and the clutches of Vader and Palpatine... G. Lu 'll work it in somehow...

Originally posted by JediTricks
    Vader stopped Fett from shooting Chewie because of 3PO.

i never heard that one before. it makes sense though.
    Beyond the Staples Center you can see America,
    With its tired, poor, avenging disgrace,
    Peaceful, loving youth against the brutality,
    Of plastic existence.

Thumbs up

My guess is also Ob1, but the Luke theory is interesting...now the droids i dont think a sith can sense a droid, so for me R2 and 3PO are out of the question.
    As always...........L