Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Malakite View Post
    This is what I've got so far.
    • 12 Pack of Socks
    • 2-3 Pairs of Sweat pants
    • SW Funko Bobblehead (Yoda)
    • SW Funko Bobblehead (Wicket)
    • SW Funko Bobblehead (Darth Maul)
    • SW Funko Bobblehead (General Greivous "Clone Wars")
    • SW Funko Bobblehead (Stormtrooper)
    • SW Funko Bobblehead (Shadow Trooper)
    • Revenge of the Sith "Film Canister" type Tin filled w/ Candy
    • Power Rangers "Mix & Morph" Figure Set ("Mighty Morphin" Red Ranger & "Mighty Morphin" Dino Megazord)

May possibly still be one or two more things.
    Got those "one or two more things" to list now.
    • Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate Bar (4 0z.)
    • Toffifay Candy (15 pc. 4 oz box)
    • Russell Box of Assorted Chocolates (2 oz.)
    • Touch Activated Key Hole Light
    • $25
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    That's the Vader bear I got, except mine was named "Darth Bearder" which I suppose you could pronounce Bear-der or Beard-er. My sister stuffed it well enough so that he can stand up on his own.
    I was supposed to be getting a monkey with the jedi outfit, which I intended to call "Obi-Monkey-Nobi". We were planning a trip to London just before Christmas, and call in at the Build-a-Bear Factory in Hamleys, but it didn't happen because of snow. Hopefully we'll get up there in the New Year .
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.

From Mrs. TI7: a Canon 220EX electronic flash for my Canon G10. It's got twice the power of the camera's built-in excuse for a flash (that pretty much goes for all built-ins for all cameras, IMO.)

From my son: first season DVD of Flight of the Conchords series.

From relatives: Christmas Blend coffee (1/2 lb. bag) from Starbucks.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Have you tried the chocolate mint holiday blend from Jose's (I think a Costco exclusive brand)? That might be the best coffee I've found.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I'm not a big fan of flavored coffees but I think Mrs. TI7 would be greatly interested in trying that. I'll have her keep an eye out on the next Costco run. Thanks!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker View Post
    Dunno if it matters that much, but if anything I'd say go with splitting the '09 posts and tossing them into the other thread.
    That's what I ended up doing.

Oh yeah, it's pretty tiny. I haven't built it yet, but I checked out the pieces and they're about as tall as AF figures. I have a feeling I'll inevitably superglue the pieces to the puzzle mat, otherwise half will probably disappear mere minutes after being set up.
    Kewl, I guess I'm glad my dad didn't open it on the spot then.

Cool, the spork is pretty spiffy although I think I'll grab the Starfleet Academy one sometime down the line and give this to my mom or a friend. The coat hook is really cool, it's a surprising solid chunk of 1/2" metal - definitely want to keep it where nobody could possibly be shoved into it.
    Good to know. I've been thinking about that Starfleet Academy one as well.

They also make ninja star push pins, I bet they have to be lighter material than the coat hook.

Hmm, that doesn't sound too promising. This was actually meant for my phone, a Nokia 6650, hopefully it won't be problematic. I haven't had a chance to try it yet because I need a new card reader, or a USB cable for my phone. Thanks for the heads up!
    The 6650 accepts SDHC up to 8gb, so you're golden. Transferring it to a computer might be a little troubled though if you don't have an SDHC card reader or a decent USB microSD adapter (the $10 DaneElec one they sell at Target with a 1gb or 4gb card is great, works perfectly).

I'm not entirely sure yet; I have plans to overhaul my room (paint, new outlets, toss up some large shelves), so I'm debating to wait until then or go ahead and find a spot for it now. I've also been considering putting it behind my Stargate figures when I get them setup, which will require the previously mentioned shelves. No idea when those will get made, though.
    Someone has a pic of theirs in their FISH TANK on Amazon! I almost died when I saw that.

It is a very nice piece and looks phenomenal with the puddle facade, which has raised ridges for the "water" effect and a modest amount of glitter in the translucent blue plastic to add a shimmer. However, I have two disappoints with the mirror; the Earth point of origin symbol is the VERY bottom, which I think it should be at the top, and the puddle facade was well made, but poorly applied. It's just a piece of thin plastic that is slightly larger than the gate's inner circle so that it can stay in the mirror with tension, which is annoying to deal with.
    Well, I know the puddle effect is meant to be removable, so maybe you can adjust it, but that sounds quite annoying. And you are totally right, the ^ chevron should be at top, what were they thinking?!? Maybe you can rotate it?

Mostly minor, especially in comparison to the excellent work in the replication of the gate's fine details, but I've never seen it below $45, so I think the facade could have really been more convenient at that price point. It's a pain to get out if you want to use it as a regular mirror, despite mine deciding to randomly fall out, and even more of a pain to get it back in properly. I'd say it should cost more around $30.
    $30 is the price I would have absolutely paid for this. Just because it's taken from the official CGI files of the gate doesn't mean it should cost double.

Very nice! I got that last Christmas, and immediately brought it out to play with swapping the modular parts. Right now I've got the Longshot's (originaly thought it was Long-Strike, but that's a new gun) removable front section/pistol on the front end of the Recon, and the Longshot's scope on top. It really brings a new level of fun to the Recon, and makes it more comfortable to wield with the second pistol grip. Plus the Longshot looks more like a proper rifle with the Recon's front end and LED sight.

At first I was slightly disappointed to get the yellow Longshot instead of the blue, since the yellow release only comes with 1 magazine to cut costs, but seeing how well the Longshot and Recon's modular pieces go together really made the garish yellow worth it. I'm hoping to pick up the Raider CS-35 next, the drum magazine is compatible with any of the other NERF rifles that take magazines.
    I like the Longshot's looks over the Longstrike, which I had never seen before. The Longstrike is too much of a regular sniper rifle look, it's not fun to me that way, it needs the fantasy and fun of the Longshot or Recon.

The swappable parts between the Recon and Longshot are very nifty, I'm a little jealous of you on that too.

The Raider looks great, but I can't imagine actually owning and loading that drum magazine, I'm not out there living the Nerf lifestyle enough. If you get it, LMK how it is.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

A gift that arrived today from San Diego California. Thank you Tycho!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	My presents13.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	22331  
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    The 6650 accepts SDHC up to 8gb, so you're golden. Transferring it to a computer might be a little troubled though if you don't have an SDHC card reader or a decent USB microSD adapter (the $10 DaneElec one they sell at Target with a 1gb or 4gb card is great, works perfectly).
    That's good to hear, I plan on picking up this reader in my next order, it has microSDHC listed, so hopefully there shouldn't be a problem.

Someone has a pic of theirs in their FISH TANK on Amazon! I almost died when I saw that.
    ...Wow. I'll have to look for that, that is simply unbelievable. Even if they got it for dirt cheap and have it protected, I just can't see doing that. It's insane!

Well, I know the puddle effect is meant to be removable, so maybe you can adjust it, but that sounds quite annoying. And you are totally right, the ^ chevron should be at top, what were they thinking?!? Maybe you can rotate it?
    Sadly, nope, it's a static piece. It'd be so amazing if it did, although I'd probably never stop playing with it.

I like the Longshot's looks over the Longstrike, which I had never seen before. The Longstrike is too much of a regular sniper rifle look, it's not fun to me that way, it needs the fantasy and fun of the Longshot or Recon.
    True. Granted, I like the sniper rifle look, but the modularity noticeably suffers because of it. It looks like the only removable section on the Longstrike will be the fore section, but that's going to be weird since the only blue rifles that have removable fore sections is that one, and the Longshot, but the Longshot's pistol wouldn't look right on it.

The Raider looks great, but I can't imagine actually owning and loading that drum magazine, I'm not out there living the Nerf lifestyle enough. If you get it, LMK how it is.
    Will do! The drum magazine seems like it will be tedious to load, but I'm far too tempted by the thought of emptying it. I don't have much a Nerf lifestyle going on, either. I just get these because I loved Nerf when I was little, and I'm astounded by the real gun aspects that they're applying to them. Plus, they're far more convenient to shoot around the house than my airsoft guns.

Quote Originally Posted by bobafrett View Post
    That's awesome! The hood makes you look like you just walked away from this.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Quote Originally Posted by bobafrett View Post
    Boy, they'll let any ol' costume into the 501st these days.

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker View Post
    That's good to hear, I plan on picking up this reader in my next order, it has microSDHC listed, so hopefully there shouldn't be a problem.
    Hmm, I guess that's not bad, though $10 for a second 4gb microSDHC and adapters to SD size and a USB port is better (although getting it in and out of the USB micro-flash-drive adapter is challenging due to its small size, but totally worth it as it's nearly the smallest flash drive around).

...Wow. I'll have to look for that, that is simply unbelievable. Even if they got it for dirt cheap and have it protected, I just can't see doing that. It's insane!
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-me...e=UTF8&index=0
    Look at the next pic, they took out the mirror and put in a plasma disk!

Sadly, nope, it's a static piece. It'd be so amazing if it did, although I'd probably never stop playing with it.
    A actually meant if the whole ring could be moved to that position, not just the inner track, but I see in other pics it appears that the hanger is attached to the ring, not the mirror.

True. Granted, I like the sniper rifle look, but the modularity noticeably suffers because of it. It looks like the only removable section on the Longstrike will be the fore section, but that's going to be weird since the only blue rifles that have removable fore sections is that one, and the Longshot, but the Longshot's pistol wouldn't look right on it.
    To me, you can get a sniper rifle look from a pellet rifle at WM, and it's FAR more accurate. Nerf is fun for fantasy style guns like the Maverick and Recon and Raider and even the Vulcan - despite it being totally insane.

Will do! The drum magazine seems like it will be tedious to load, but I'm far too tempted by the thought of emptying it. I don't have much a Nerf lifestyle going on, either. I just get these because I loved Nerf when I was little, and I'm astounded by the real gun aspects that they're applying to them. Plus, they're far more convenient to shoot around the house than my airsoft guns.
    I've read that the drum mag is actually not that bad to load, but I don't trust those claims. If it took suction micro-darts as well as streamlines, I'd probably have a harder time not buying it.

For me, Nerf is what takes it beyond the "now" looks. I can get an Airsoft that looks like a Glock, but I can't get one that looks like a 44 Magnum on steroids.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.