Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Slave I? Feh. It's been released in two distinct molds in the modern era. Re-release the (slightly less sucktacular) AOTC version with Boba's colors, but, for God's sake, don't waste time and resources resculpting this freaking tennis shoe monstrosity again!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    The modern-vintage line started in 2004, and current basic figures tend to have better sculpting and articulation than anything from the line (at least the early stuff). You can't tell me that Giran is worse than VOTC Luke Skywalker. And now most of the figures have been re-released or retooled and put into the basic line anyway. I don't think the line would "suffer" if released this way.

Well, we're going to have waves from AOTC, ROTS, ESB, and ROTJ later this year, and then TPM and ANH in the spring. Hasbro has already said that the main line will incorporate all-new releases alongside repacks and retools, so you might be seeing more older stuff than you'd like (I imagine it'll be much like the 2006 TSC line). But, for many people, a vintage-style card would be enough for them to buy a figure they already have (which is part of why I said it could reinvigorate some collectors).

Then again, we already saw that there's going to be a Rex-centric line look for all SW brands later this year. I guess we'll have to wait until Toy Fair for more.
    i have no arguments that the figures from 2004 and figures have today have undergone many improvements...my argument is that of the price. back in 2004 we were paying more money for a more articulation figure that was more accurate. now hasbro has been releasing better SA merchandise and for them to return to the VOTC now would be a tricky situation...unless they pulled out all the stops and gave us Super SA figures.

Quote Originally Posted by clone157 View Post
    Last time the AT-AT was released, it was at the $99.99. A new one should be better, so one would assume it is not the AT-AT. Slave 1, anybody? Or maybe a Rebel Troop transport?

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I will cross my fingers for a Sail Barge, which is one of the few vehicles I'd seriously consider at $100.
    i can't imagine Hasbro charging $100 for the Slave 1 and I think hasbro would not make a Troop Transport and it's more of a carrying case then a play vehicle (not that I wouldn't buy one or two) and the Sail Barge is something they have said that they would not do.

my guess is for the Twilight from Clone Wars or an AT-AT
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Slave I? Feh. It's been released in two distinct molds in the modern era. Re-release the (slightly less sucktacular) AOTC version with Boba's colors, but, for God's sake, don't waste time and resources resculpting this freaking tennis shoe monstrosity again!
    Tennis shoe? Don't see it. It always reminded me of an elephant head, and I think Lucasfilm said it was based off a street lamp.

I don't think they need to re-release the AOTC version so much as use one mold or the other as a basis for a minor retool. Neither one is that great, but they could use the shell of either for a better version.

i for one would love to see a new sculpted Slave 1 for both ESB and AOTC. I think the original Vintage version was good at the time and the new AOTC body was a nice update but they have yet to really give us a decent Slave 1.

i would love to see perhaps a wider body, more compartments, a new sculpted Solo in Carbonite, better detailed cockpit with seating for 3 figures, and maybe a removable top portion that reveals a minor playset style area inside.

the sculpt if made correctly can then be re-painted with AOTC colors for a new version (minus the Han in carbonite)

maybe throw in a new updated Boba Fett and perhaps a Stormtrooper or Bespin Guard for the ESB version and a new Jango Fett and young Boba Fett for the AOTC issue.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Just saw this report at Jedi Temple Archives: http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/co...=5673/#details

Dare I dream that the $100 spot is for a new AT-AT after all?!
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

On the Bridge of my Super Star Destroyer... force-choking incompetent officers!
    Me TWO! I knew it!
    "The darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be...unnatural"

"Join me... and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son"

I'll take 3.

Comes with speederbike and figure
    Based on how the speederbike works with the turbo tank, I'm guessing that the AT-AT (if it's real) would have a trap door in the back that opens for the bike to deploy. If that's the case, there's all sorts of poses that wouldn't be too flattering to the AT-AT.

Damn. I'm really not interested in three-figure revisits of vehicles, no matter how adequate. I've not bought a single one of these $100+ vehicles from the past few years, and it looks like I won't be anytime soon.

Really want a Sail Barge, though. I wonder if Hasbro realizes there actually are collectors who don't like dropping craploads of money to replace existing vehicles, but would buy new stuff.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I too would buy a sail barge, but a new and better AT-AT is at the top of my list for Star Wars toys that I have to have. Now I need to find the AT-AT driver and snowspeeder Luke figures, just in case.