Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I'm skeptical about many aspects of this. First, let's look at trends. Hasbro has recently raised the prices on previously released vehicles, such as the ARC-170 and the Gunship. If anything, I'm more likely to believe that the "super-deluxe" is just a previously released vehicle that will now be more expensive (yet another Gunship variant, perhaps) or a new vehicle that would previously have been at a lower price point (Twilight).

When I look at the slide, though I would love to see, buy, and display a new, better AT-AT, I think why would a slide designed to market an AT-AT have CW characters as the background template image? Further, at only 5 weeks away from Toy Fair, shouldn't there be an image that is of the actual product instead of the film? If the slide turns out to be false, I would not be too surprised.

If an AT-AT is to be redone, and it cannot be redone to a very much larger scale, $100 seems inadequate for the price, given what Hasbro is charging us for these days. If they'll slap a near $70 price tag for vehicles that were $30 not too long ago, at this cost/quality ratio, is a $100-quality AT-AT what we want? While I own and enjoy both the AT-TE and Turbo Tank, for an AT-TE with longer legs or a Turbo Tank with legs, why should Hasbro bother?

Now if the idea is to go BMF on the AT-AT, I'm all in.

Quote Originally Posted by morpheus282 View Post
    I too would buy a sail barge, but a new and better AT-AT is at the top of my list for Star Wars toys that I have to have. Now I need to find the AT-AT driver and snowspeeder Luke figures, just in case.
    I would also like to see a Sail Barge toy, but it's not the #1 spot on my "most wanted vehicles" list. In fact, it might not even be in the top 5. I would prefer to see a correctly scaled Tatooine Skiff before a Sail Barge.

However, a new AT-AT is definitely at the top of my list. No other vehicle even comes close as far as I'm concerned.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    If anything, I'm more likely to believe that the "super-deluxe" is just a previously released vehicle that will now be more expensive (yet another Gunship variant, perhaps) or a new vehicle that would previously have been at a lower price point (Twilight).
    That would absolutely kill the line, there is no two ways about it. Hasbro is smarter than that.

Keep in mind that these toys require a lead time of at least a year, so planning for the 2009 line would have been completed in late-2007 or maybe even early-2008, long before the economic crash in fall of 2008. So the price increases of 2009 combined with the recession was just unfortunate timing for Hasbro, not a result of bad planning.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis