087-06-1402 DLX Fig and vehicle $16.99
    087-06-1478 Elec Lightsaber $19.99
    087-06-1491 Basic Lightsaber $9.99
    087-06-1497 HAILFIRE RC vehicle $59.99
    087-06-1503 SUPER DLX VEHICLE $99.99 **
    087-06-1527 MEGABATTLER 10in FIG $19.99
    087-06-1605 MANDALORIAN HELMET $34.99
    087-06-1622 GREIVOUS LIGHTSABER $34.99
    The three figure lines - seen here as Saga Legends, CW, and Vintage - are all new DCPI numbers, meaning the current stock will be cleared out before the new stock gets in (which occurred in many of the other package changeovers but not this past year, which resulted in us still seeing white-and-blue figures alongside the white-and-red ones). So, thankfully, we'll get a clean slate with no Saesee Tiins, Plo Koons, or Malakilis.

Anyway, the most interesting items are the $7.99 "3.75 VINTAGE" and "$99.99 SUPER DLX VEHICLE." Does this mean we'll be seeing vintage-style packaging on all new figures next year? If so, I think this could really help boost the line, but I don't want to get anyone's hopes up. But I think it would make sense to do this, as it would probably reinvigorate many lost collectors. But, again, who knows. It could just be a generic name for the line that's going to replace Legacy.

As for the "Super Deluxe Vehicle", I suppose that means we'll either get another brand-new big ship or a rerelease of the Turbo Tank and/or AT-TE. Hopefully it's a new thing. Could it be an AT-AT? Who knows.

The list also lends credibility to a picture that leaked recently of a big Captain Rex figure in the style of those goofy ROTS Force Battlers; I suppose that would be the "Megabattler 10 in figure".

In somewhat crappy news, I guess, the figure prices seemed to have jumped 50 cents (depending on your store, this might be lower) and the deluxe line is jumping a dollar. Well, I guess you gotta take the good with the bad.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    From Bantha Skull:

The three figure lines - seen here as Saga Legends, CW, and Vintage - are all new DCPI numbers, meaning the current stock will be cleared out before the new stock gets in (which occurred in many of the other package changeovers but not this past year, which resulted in us still seeing white-and-blue figures alongside the white-and-red ones). So, thankfully, we'll get a clean slate with no Saesee Tiins, Plo Koons, or Malakilis.

Anyway, the most interesting items are the $7.99 "3.75 VINTAGE" and "$99.99 SUPER DLX VEHICLE." Does this mean we'll be seeing vintage-style packaging on all new figures next year? If so, I think this could really help boost the line, but I don't want to get anyone's hopes up. But I think it would make sense to do this, as it would probably reinvigorate many lost collectors. But, again, who knows. It could just be a generic name for the line that's going to replace Legacy.

As for the "Super Deluxe Vehicle", I suppose that means we'll either get another brand-new big ship or a rerelease of the Turbo Tank and/or AT-TE. Hopefully it's a new thing. Could it be an AT-AT? Who knows.

The list also lends credibility to a picture that leaked recently of a big Captain Rex figure in the style of those goofy ROTS Force Battlers; I suppose that would be the "Megabattler 10 in figure".

In somewhat crappy news, I guess, the figure prices seemed to have jumped 50 cents (depending on your store, this might be lower) and the deluxe line is jumping a dollar. Well, I guess you gotta take the good with the bad.
    i still leary on the Vintage line at the $7.99 price range. while I'm not complaining, if this is true and they decided to make all the figures the same price then I wonder if the line will suffer ? in the past we were given SA versions of characters for the Vintage lines (exception being Threepio) for $9.99. Now that the articulation on the basic line has been pumped up it makes me wonder if the Vintage line will suffer. I just hope that it's not an exclusive line of figures and it's more then only 5 or 6. would love to see a run again like in the first wave using all 3 movies and perhaps incorporate the prequels as well, and maybe some of the HTF figures from the old '85 POTF days.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

I would love to see the vintage line return, but not necessarily using the replica packaging. Hasbro could incorporate J-hooks, which would allow them to ditch the clamshells and if higher quality reference photos of certain characters exist, then use those instead of trying to replicate the vintage cards so perfectly that it hurts the final product.

But I'm all for the basics of vintage packaging design: coffin blisters, giant reference images, and a simple, rectangular card.

This would allow us to get Prequel figures and OT characters, who weren't part of Kenner's original 96, to be sold on vintage-style cards and that would be absolutely awesome!
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

"Vintage-ish" packaging would be pretty cool. (It also made me wonder if the new battle pack tatooine Luke will end up on a single card, the way the comic pack stormtrooper Luke/Han did.)

I hope with these vintage figures that we do not see repack after repack just on a vintage card. That would suck.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    i still leary on the Vintage line at the $7.99 price range. while I'm not complaining, if this is true and they decided to make all the figures the same price then I wonder if the line will suffer ? in the past we were given SA versions of characters for the Vintage lines (exception being Threepio) for $9.99. Now that the articulation on the basic line has been pumped up it makes me wonder if the Vintage line will suffer. I just hope that it's not an exclusive line of figures and it's more then only 5 or 6. would love to see a run again like in the first wave using all 3 movies and perhaps incorporate the prequels as well, and maybe some of the HTF figures from the old '85 POTF days.
    The modern-vintage line started in 2004, and current basic figures tend to have better sculpting and articulation than anything from the line (at least the early stuff). You can't tell me that Giran is worse than VOTC Luke Skywalker. And now most of the figures have been re-released or retooled and put into the basic line anyway. I don't think the line would "suffer" if released this way.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarthVader
    I hope with these vintage figures that we do not see repack after repack just on a vintage card. That would suck.
    Well, we're going to have waves from AOTC, ROTS, ESB, and ROTJ later this year, and then TPM and ANH in the spring. Hasbro has already said that the main line will incorporate all-new releases alongside repacks and retools, so you might be seeing more older stuff than you'd like (I imagine it'll be much like the 2006 TSC line). But, for many people, a vintage-style card would be enough for them to buy a figure they already have (which is part of why I said it could reinvigorate some collectors).

Then again, we already saw that there's going to be a Rex-centric line look for all SW brands later this year. I guess we'll have to wait until Toy Fair for more.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Please, please, please, please, please, please, please be an AT-AT!

Last time the AT-AT was released, it was at the $99.99. A new one should be better, so one would assume it is not the AT-AT. Slave 1, anybody? Or maybe a Rebel Troop transport?

Quote Originally Posted by clone157 View Post
    Last time the AT-AT was released, it was at the $99.99. A new one should be better, so one would assume it is not the AT-AT. Slave 1, anybody? Or maybe a Rebel Troop transport?
    The 1997 AT-AT was actually $79.99 and the 2006 Endor AT-AT was $89.99.

I don't even see how the Slave 1 would qualify as a super deluxe vehicle. I guess they could make it correctly scaled, but what's the point of that? Only those hardcore Boba Fett nuts are really going to care. And it's definitely not a toy that is going to excite kids.

A $100 Rebel Troop Transport would be the death of the super deluxe vehicle line.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

The "super deluxe vehicle" could be something from The Clone Wars (or, rather, a CW vehicle might be released this way). I didn't realize it until now, but the $65 deluxe vehicle pricepoint isn't on there . . . I think that's pretty telling. Thanks, ARC-170! The comic packs aren't on there, either, so I guess this is going to be a reset starting after those final few turds have been pushed out.