Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    On the Bridge of my Super Star Destroyer... force-choking incompetent officers!

Anyone Else's AT-ST Leg break off?

I tell you...I must hold the world record for breaking a toy...not 2 minutes out of a package. Talk about completely deflating the fun out of a Sunday afternoon with my son.

Two weeks ago I purchased the AT-ST at a Wal-Mart near me. The vehicle and contents were completely secured within the package, the carton was factory sealed and not damaged in any way...and all tie wraps were secured.

This past weekend, when I decided to open the package, I carefully removed the AT-ST from the packaging and upon extending the LEFT leg of the AT-ST to articulate it so it could stand on its own, it immediately snapped off. I could not believe it! I carefully examined the damage...and noticed that the defective piece could easily be replaced. Has anyone else had this problem?

Also...are all of the joints in the leg articulated? After the above occurred...I was very apprehensive to try articulate the foot and other joints in the leg, fearing I would inadvertently break something else.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6823_Large_Close.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	68.9 KB 
ID:	22357   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6823_Large_Close_2.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	22358  
    Last edited by Darkross; 01-04-2010 at 06:23 PM. Reason: syntax error
    "The darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be...unnatural"

"Join me... and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son"

Wow, that sucks, sorry to see it. I'd suggest taking it back and asking for a replacement.

I haven't had mine give me any trouble like that. Some of the joints are hinges and others have rotation, so it takes a little thought to not just twist everything off, but generally everything is articulated.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

If you bought it from Walmart,then you have 90 days to return it if it's defective. I think breaking right out of the package would qualify as defective. I've returned toys to Walmart before and it's always been a very painless process.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

WM around here has become very strict about receipts though, citing a new company-wide policy: no returns without receipts, no exceptions. I would hope they'd give leeway to something like this though, as they are the ONLY place to buy one, but I get the feeling it's a new era of "no".
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    WM around here has become very strict about receipts though, citing a new company-wide policy: no returns without receipts, no exceptions. I would hope they'd give leeway to something like this though, as they are the ONLY place to buy one, but I get the feeling it's a new era of "no".
    Well, I always save my receipts, so that's probably why I've never had a problem. However, Christmas was less than two weeks ago, so I would think that they would be more lenient.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

you could always contact hasbro directly and see what they can do. probably not much, but occasionally it works.

On the Bridge of my Super Star Destroyer... force-choking incompetent officers!
    Thanks guys...I still have my receipt as well. I keep everything. I hadn't actually thought it was Wal-Mart's fault...rather an issue with the design. I will be going to back to Wal-Mart this weekend with this thing in tow.
    "The darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be...unnatural"

"Join me... and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son"

maybe there was some random glue on that joint that froze it shut, then it snapped when you tried to move it. I mean it could have been more of a QC issue rather than design flaw. Not sure though, haven't even opened mine yet to check it out, so it's just an idea. Regardless though, *definitely* take it back, I'm sure it won't be a problem. Hopefully they'll still have one for you to exchange it with.

I haven't had a problem with mine, and I spent a good 30 min trying different poses out right after opening it. I'd take it back for an exchange.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    It's the same around here. Returned Christmas presents didn't have receipts and I was only able to get a gift card. I also returned a TV I bought on Black Friday and they insisted on having the receipt before they could take it back. Luckily, I had it. The odd part is that they gave me a refund on the non-sale price when the receipt clearly stated that I paid the sale price.

All I can say is that of the 32 AT-ST (still at regular price) at one of the 6 of my local walmarts, 6 of them had the guns rambling about the floor of the packaging..................quality anybody?