Thread: Anakin's Robes

Anakin's Robes

I dunno if this has been asked before, but why are Anakins robes really dark brown and black in Episode II?
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008

Anakin's robes have already started the cross-over to the Vader look, it's a nice move by GL if you ask me...
    The Force is strong with this one.

Of course, that's my opinion I could be wrong.

and actually, anakin's E2 robe is sleeveless, like the one vader wore in the OT, just without the hood. as Co Jo-Da said, good foreshadowing. and his saber is just like vader's OT saber, just with a silver emitter.

Originally posted by derek
    and actually, anakin's E2 robe is sleeveless, like the one vader wore in the OT, just without the hood. as Co Jo-Da said, good foreshadowing. and his saber is just like vader's OT saber, just with a silver emitter.
    I did not know that the cloak was sleeveless. Does anyone have a picture of this? Or did that info come from a spy report?
    ubi mel ibi apes

Nevermind.....

I found one. I don't really see how that is like Vader's in the OT though....unless you are referring to the robes he wears underneath the cape. Vader's cape is a lot like Dooku's. Great catch Derek!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	anakin01.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	14.1 KB 
ID:	811  
    Last edited by Jedi Clint; 02-26-2002 at 11:14 PM.
    ubi mel ibi apes

jedi clint,

yea, i was referring to the sleeve-less robe vader wears under his cape. (over the armor in ANH and under the armor in ESB and ROTJ.

I know I'm getting ahead of my-self but Episode III should have a great transition from Anakin's clothes into Vader's clothes before his horrible injuries...
    The Force is strong with this one.

Of course, that's my opinion I could be wrong.