Are we paying a 15% likeness tax on SSC figures?

I was thinking about this a lot lately, about how Lando and ROTJ Palpatine have very few accessories or costume elements and yet cost $79.99 each compared to Piett and Antilles and other non-armored, non-main-guy figures which go at $69.99. The only difference I can think of between them is the fact that the $80 figures are main characters while the others aren't. But from what I understand about the SW license, those costs don't change from character to character, they're all covered under the SW license. So is this a case of Sideshow charging a 15% increase merely because these characters are more recognizable than others? If so, that's way too sleazy for my blood.

Thoughts?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

That does seem rather dirty. I don't buy any of these but if I did I'd be writing emails to ask what's up. The likenesses are good but I don't know if they're $80 good. And seeing as they come with fewer accessories the argument that they cost more because they spend more time on the sculpt gets shot down.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

The main characters cost more because Sideshow knows people will fork over a little more for them.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

So that would be a "yes".

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Its a conspiracy............

I just preordered Hot Toys Terminator 2 figure for $160....so the Emperor seems like a bargain!!!!
    Real men buy Willrow

You won't feel that way when you compare them in person.

It's either that or SSC just knows they can sell the core characters for more.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Yeah, not digging the pro body.....makes the price that much harder to swallow
    Real men buy Willrow