Thread: Duros or Duros

Duros or Duros

What species is Ellors Madack, is it pronounced, Jaw-roe, or Jaw-ros? I hope you know what I mean.
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008

Based on the pronunciation of Ellors and Baniss, I say it:

Dur, like mur-DER.

os, like cl-OSE.
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

hey is there any word on Banis Keeg(not sure spelling) getting made to go wiht our Ellors Madak. Hey did anyone notice the names are switched in the Star wars encyclopedia?? It has a pic of Ellors but says Banis Keeg

I didn't know that about the encyclopedia, but I do remember CollectStarWars attributing Ellor's high sales to collectors buying extras to customize a Baniss Keeg.

But they forget that the same figure can be used (un-modified) for Leslomy Tacema in Jabba's palace, and with some paint, you can have Probos and Bringe from Anchorhead [for all of you who want to keep Zutton where he belongs].

So I doubt we'll see a Baniss soon, especially considering the similarities in the masks [photo compliments of Red 6's Comprehensive Star Wars Encyclopedia].
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cantina_costumes.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	146.1 KB 
ID:	810  
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

Wow! Porkins was a mask! That explains his shoddy flying!

I think it's pronounced "doo-rose", not "duro".

I also think this figure sells well because it's a good figure - good sculpting, good paint, good pose, and good weapon.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Strange how they look so much like Nute & Runes species.

Originally posted by Battle Droid
    Strange how they look so much like Nute & Runes species.
    According to, I believe it was either the Insider or the official site. The Duros are a distantly related species to the Neimodians. I am trying to find the actual information on the official site, but I hate their interface. Found it, here is what the official Site has to say:
    Though they call Neimoidia home, Neimoidians can trace their ancestry to the ancient Duros spacefaring culture. The two share a striking similarity in appearance, but their personalities could not be more distant. While the Duros are a gregarious, expressive and adventurous lot, the Neimiodians seal themselves away from others, preferring to let droids do their talking.
    MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.