Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Proposed ad "slick" for new AT-AT

Over at rebelscum.com, the has been a post that shows an ad "slick" with description for the proposed (rumored) Super Deluxe AT-AT. If this is true, this will be huge. We will find out in February.

Jedi Temple Archives has the original story and, holy crap, this could be amazing. Given Target's $99.99 "super deluxe vehicle" leak and now this, I think it's safe to say we are getting a new AT-AT. I can't wait to see actual pictures!!!

Eh, been done to death, but if they raised the prices on previous vehicles, why wouldn't they raise (or at least return) the AT-AT to it's price of ~$100 with no major resculpting, just some interior tweaks? Plus, I'm always suspect of sites that post rumors as news first.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

I'm still disappointed if this is the big vehicle, but, truth is, the only features on that slide that aren't in the current mold could be incorporated with minor tooling changes. I'm of the mind that, if the $99.99 vehicle is the AT-AT, it won't be much different from the previous two.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I'm still disappointed if this is the big vehicle, but, truth is, the only features on that slide that aren't in the current mold could be incorporated with minor tooling changes. I'm of the mind that, if the $99.99 vehicle is the AT-AT, it won't be much different from the previous two.
    I was thinking the same thing. For $100, it doesn't seem like it will be any bigger than previous releases. I was hoping that it would be listed as $150 cause we'd know for sure that we'd be getting a behemoth. I guess we'll see.

This is starting to feel familiar, I'm getting definite flashbacks to 2008 when news of the BMF was just starting to leak out. I seem to remember the early reports of that were met with the same skepticism and cautious optimism.

Hasbro wouldn't have to add much more than 5-6 inches to the height of the AT-AT to make it significantly improved. The thing is mostly legs.

Hopefully it's an all new toy because I'm not sure if there is anything salvagable from that vintage mold.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Hasbro wouldn't have to add much more than 5-6 inches to the height of the AT-AT to make it significantly improved. The thing is mostly legs.

Hopefully it's an all new toy because I'm not sure if there is anything salvagable from that vintage mold.
    True, but it would also have to be significantly wider with feet approaching close to the size of snow speeder.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

I think it will just be a costume that makes YOU the AT-AT.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

So an ARC fighter is $70 and the AT-AT would be $100? There's something wrong with that.

The intriguing thing is the mention of the speeder bike. Where is that going to go? It would be nice to see room for more than one, but I will settle for the seating for one. Hopefully they will get rid of the electronics. I can't wait for Toy fair. What country has their toy fair first?