Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Comic Packs Question

So we are cataloging the Star Wars Comic Packs at CollectionStation.com and want to know if you consider the Comic Packs a separate line by themselves or under another line (i.e. 30th Anniversary Collection, Legacy Collection, etc.) like Titanium Series and TRANSFORMERS Crossovers. To better help visualize it, below is a tree structure.

30th Anniversary Collection
    - Basic 3 3/4" Action Figures
    - Vehicles
    - etc
    Legacy Collection
    - Vehicles
    - etc
    The Clone Wars
    - Vehicles
    - etc
    Titanium Series Die-Cast
    TRANSFORMERS Crossovers
    Comic Packs

OR

- Vehicles
    - Comic Packs
    - etc
    Legacy Collection
    - Vehicles
    - Comic Packs (blue & red package)
    - etc
    The Clone Wars
    - Vehicles
    - etc
    Titanium Series Die-Cast
    TRANSFORMERS Crossovers
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

They're almost their own subline, but with two branches really: Walmart Exclusives and Everywhere + Walmart. The card art implies they are part of the Legacy/30th line in the same way that the single carded figures, battlepacks, and vehicles are because of the shared art. Since you're seperating out the vehicles and battlepacks from the singles, comics should I guess be their own category as well.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Quote Originally Posted by SirSteve View Post
    - Vehicles
    - Comic Packs
    - etc
    Legacy Collection
    - Vehicles
    - Comic Packs (blue & red package)
    - etc
    The Clone Wars
    - Vehicles
    - etc
    Titanium Series Die-Cast
    TRANSFORMERS Crossovers
    In my inventory, I organize the Comic Packs with whatever current line they were released in, like the tree structure above. I don't really understand Hasbro's numbering system on the Comic Packs. The cardbacks are numbered (except for exclusives) and the comic book pack-ins also have a pack number (not the issue #) located with the publisher information.

For example, the Luke Skywalker & Lumiya Comic Pack has #7 on the cardback but the comic (a reprint of Marvel Star Wars #96) says "Hasbro SW Comic Pack #42" on the inside.

The art/package theme comes down from LucasFilm and is what you will find across all Star Wars products (not just Hasbro). I would consider them as part of each line (Legacy Collection for example) if it implicitly stated "Legacy Collection" on the package but they do not. That's my thoughts on it...
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

They are their own line with a consistent asst number through all the packaging changes, 87505. This makes it impossible to put it under TAC and TLC in my book, as Comic Packs have been their own continuing assortment throughout both of those. I do think of the sets as their specific lines based on the packaging schemes and when they were released, but the reality is that they are as separate a line as Titanium Series or Clone Wars. The packaging for Battle Packs says "Legacy Collection" right under the Star Wars logo, the packaging for Comic Packs doesn't have another line name anywhere.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

since there are so many repacks of the comic packs. i've always classified them as a subset of whichever line they shared packaging with. since hasbro was so scattered with numbering of the comic packs i found it much easier to keep track of them by line

Let me ask a different question:

If you were using a program to organize your collection, would you be thrown by the lack of Comic Packs under its various lines? Would you be derailed by seeing it higher up in the tree as its own line?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I think they should be organized with the lines (30th Anniversary Collection, The Legacy Collection) that they appeared with. That's how I see them, at least.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

[FONT=Courier New]If it were me, I would organize them separately as their own line, like the Titaniums, etc. They are numbered, too. Except for the WM exclusives IIRC.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]