Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

8092 luke's landspeeder

Hey guys....anyone find this lately and if so, where?? I've checked 2 walmarts that have done their reset and they have EVERYTHING as far as the new sets go EXCEPT the landspeeder What the heck is going on with this set...seems like a shortage or something.

Normally, this wouldn't be too big of a deal, but the week after Christmas, I held the set IN MY HANDS at wm, but it wouldn't scan so I decided to just get it a day or so later rather than haggle with the cashier. SO, it was gone when I sent back, and I haven't seen one since. If I had a dollar for every time something like this happens with stuff I collect I'd have a nice chunk of cash right now. I still haven't learned my lesson - if you see something and even vaguely think you *might* want it, BUY IT RIGHT THEN!!!

[FONT=Courier New]I picked it up last Friday night, but we have a LEGO Store at our local mall.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Maybe try ordering it online from [/FONT][FONT=Courier New]www.lego.com[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

I don't really worry about putting off the purchase of a newly released LEGO set even if it is currently hard-to-find. I know from experience that new sets will be available from a variety of outlets throughout the year.

Your local stores have probably sold through their initial shipment of the Landspeeder. Toy sales tend to nose dive after the holidays so reordering and restocking the toy department isn't a high priority.

It can depend on the person running the department too; how knowledgeable they are about toys, what products sell, and what is in demand. Talk to them about the status of replenishing the LEGO aisle. Your stores may be sitting on new product in the stockroom and haven't even thought about putting more out after Christmas.

is there any difference from this landspeeder from the one included in the Mos Eisely Cantina a few years back. i thought it was the small set just with new mini figures ?
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

It was "backordered" on lego.com for about a week or 2 now (last time I checked). I just want to pick it up in the store though, so I guess I'll keep looking.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    is there any difference from this landspeeder from the one included in the Mos Eisely Cantina a few years back. i thought it was the small set just with new mini figures ?
    The back engine pod lifts out of repair, storage or smuggling. Yeah I know Malibu Stacy with new hat (but I still want it). There's a few new or newer elements like the windshield, but the design looks very similar 4501. The colors are more like 7110, which I like better.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

The new curved windshield really makes a lot of difference, though it's still not tall enough. Here is a pic I took of the 4501 Landspeeder back when I got it. Both are pretty much constructed the same way with some minor part changes here and there.

I think the new Landspeeder is a Walmart exclusive, so that's the only retail outlet you'll find it in.

Still no sign in any local WMs.... backordered til MARCH 18 on lego.com. DANG DANG DANG!!!

As of today, both local WMs here have restocked all the new SW sets, including the Landspeeder.

i've seen the all the new sets at one time or another since the holidays. haven't picked up any of them yet for myself. not worried, LEGO comes and goes but i've never had a problem with it not being replenished. i do have the advantage of a LEGO store at the mall as well.