Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Queen Of The Damned

i saw this film the other day, and i think we may have a candidate for worst film of 2002. i know, roller ball and kung pow were bad, but they are givens. this film had potential. i'm not a vampire movie fan, but loved "interview with the vampire". i found it hard to believe this film was based on a book written by the same author as "interview".

this is a "B" movie all the way, with "B" actors and characters i cared nothing about. i felt at times i was watching a made for TV movie and other times i was wondering if this was "buffy the vampire slayer", the movie starring christy swanson, not the TV show, which is a masterpiece compaired to this film.(actually i kinda like buffy the TV show)

the character of lestat was nothing like the lestat in "interview". it was almost like "QOTD" lestat was actually louis, they just changed his name. aaliah, who is (was) hot, but a one dimensional character, was almost comical. and for some reason, "QOTD" is part three. what ever happened to part 2, "the vampire lestat"?

lestat is supposed to be a rock star, but the original songs for the film sucked along with lestats voice, who sounded like a cross between papa roach and def tones ripoffs. i think billy corgan could of really made an awesome soundtrack for this film.

I don't think Anne Rice had anything to do with the production, except for the fact that the novel rights supposedly expire soon.

So very rushed, little continuity, not even so much as an explanation of the vampire origins (Egyptian, right?).
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

I've seen some parts of it and a segment mostly revolving around Aaliyah, doesn't really seem like she can act... I think I'll wait for this movie to come out on cable cause it just doesn't seem worth it to go see in theatres, somehow I figure if there was/is (never know ) a Queen like her that she'd be wearing...more.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I was going to watch this film, but thanks Derek, I'll probably wait until it comes out on video.

In my opinion I feel they hurried this movie out to the theaters because of Aaliyah's death. If they had taken some time to think it out and maybe improve it a little it wouldnt be getting such bad reviews.
    Right now it is simply feeding off of her popularity.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

jango fett96,

this film was supposed to come out in october of last year. it wasn't rushed, just bad.

i don't know why the filmmakers didn't throw a boat load of money at tom cruies, brad pitt and christian slater to reprise their roles in "The Vampire Lestat", and then make QOTD later on.

Darth Rage, is that you or Vin Diesel?

jeddah

Derek,
    I still feel that they are trying to use Aaliyah's popularity now to try to promote this film. Note how they always point her out so cleverly in the cast of this film, where before she would have just been any other actress.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Originally posted by jeddah
    Darth Rage, is that you or Vin Diesel?

jeddah
    Both pictures are me

where I live QOTD is I think #1 with alot of the female folk.

Originally posted by LTBasker
    I figure if there was/is (never know ) a Queen like her that she'd be wearing...more.
    It's the Queen of the Damned, not Queen Amidala of the Naboo.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.