Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Would You Buy The Escape Pod Vehicle From ANH?

I am continuing my 3 3/4" vehicle thread series.

This will discuss ONLY the vehicle in the title of the thread (in this case The Escape Pod Vehicle From ANH).

I will cover several unmade vehicles for the action figures per week, choosing them from a rotating schedule through the movies and the Expanded Universe.

I'll order it TPM, AOTC, ROTS, ANH, ESB, ROTJ, EU, and then keep going back through the order in that manner.

So here I'm only asking you if you'd buy The Escape Pod Vehicle From ANH?

This vehicle would unfortunately fit into the starfighter assortment (if made to the correct scale). So I think we should add electronics and maybe even lights. This vehicle must NOT have firing missiles!

I don't have the Essential Guide or Incredible Cross-Sections at my fingertips at the moment, but I'd assume a toy vehicle could be made to seat at least 4 figures.

R2D2 and C-3PO should be able to walk into a boarding hatch that's either in the roof of the pod, or along its side, but not board between the engine ignition nozzels. There should be seats and a control counsel. For $20 you could add electronics to the vehicle with R2D2 and C-3PO dialogue and sound effects like, "Now come out of there before someone sees you, you overweight blob of greese!" and "Secret mission? What mission? I'm not getting in there!" And don't forget Artoo's nasty retorts!

Do you want this made?

How do you think it would sell if produced?

Do you want to see support for this ship demonstrated by inclusion in The Clone Wars Annimated Series?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I would love it and I agree with everthing you said except with a sound chip I'd expect it to be $35-40.
    Unfortunately, I don't think it would sell well outside of collector circles and kids who are really die-hard Star Wars fans. It's a very memorable and exciting scene, but other than blasting away from the Tantive IV and landing on Tatooine (most of which we don't even see in the movie) it doesn't do anything.

So yes, I would buy it, but I don't expect it to get made outside of a possible re-release of the little deluxe version we got a few years ago.

Since we already have one (no matter how pawltry), the answer is not until a lot of other things are made first. So that's a NO.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

I'm happy with the one I have. There's a chance I'd buy a bigger one, but most likely not so I'll vote "no". This will probably be the first ANH vehicle to not get the votes.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

A detailed version that is to scale would be very cool. I'm thinking about $30 to get it right. I agree that this probably would not have a wide appeal outside of the hardcore collectors.

Don't think it would do well, but I would buy one. Maybe if they included the perfect R2 and C3PO it would do better, but doubt it.

No, I don't want another one. The smallish one we have is fine for me.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

don't think i'd buy one larger than what we have. count me in the "no" category. don't see how hasbro could package it or spin it to interest any but the most hardcore of collectors. see this being a failure at retail and a waste of shelf space.

I'd buy it. But there's no way it would ever get made this well. Hasbro would never view this as a vehicle worthy of making into the $20 range.

The one that came with the deluxe C-3PO is fine with me. It's big enough to be useful, small enough not to take up a lot of space, and fits into the fighter bay on the BMF. I'll pass on any upgrade.