Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

(re-booted) Star Trek 2

The rumor is out that movie number two will introduce Khan - possibly Kirk's greatest nemesis.

This cannot be "The Wrath of Khan," though.

See TOS episode "Space Seed," as Kirk has never met Khan yet (in this timeline).

The crew needs to discover The Botany Bay or someplace else where genetically engineered "augments" are being kept in stasis-sleep.

This could be cool. Note: Khan probably has to live through the end of the movie - and somehow escape death. That way they can bring him back for another movie.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Yeah, I'm expecting this to essentially be a re-imagining of "Space Seed" like you said, the discovery of the "Botany Bay" Kahn re-awakening his warriors, taking over the ship and ending with Kirk stranding them on a remote planet. I also expect there will be a female character/crew member that falls in love with Kahn.

I think it could be really good.
    May the force be with you.

They don't have to reimagine or alter any existing plot.
    With this new timeline they can do whatever they want, which was the point of rebooting the series.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

After the movie came out, on another message board there was a thread discussing actors people would like to see in the sequels. A couple people mentioned their preferences to cast Khan, and someone raised a good point that it would really be best if the Abrams Trek stayed away from reusing villains and actually went it's own way. I really agree with that idea, but I guess Abrams wants to go ahead and use existing characters.

Oh well, I guess that's fine, just as long as the interior scenes of Botany Bay are filmed inside a Dr. Pepper plant.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Well, who knows?

Star Trek history has become so messed up because of all the time travel through even Enterprise (though that wasn't altered by Reboot Star Trek).

Obviously we didn't have Eugenics Wars beginning in 1997, unless it was something secretly covered up by the world's governments. But it seems like it did happen possibly later, given Riker's comments in First Contact as the Enterprise pursued the Borg back in time to Zephram Cochrane's era.

So Khan might not have been suspended in animation aboard the Botany Bay.

Oh - but this time Chekov should get to meet him
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Don't forget they had a story of eugenics, Dr. Noonien Soong, (played by Brent Spiner) and a band of genetically altered rebels in a two part Enterprise series. I believe it was Soong who was supposed to have created Khan wasn't it?
    Maybe Brent Spiner could be the next guest in the new movie from the past.

They also had the Borg reawakening after being discovered frozen in Antarctica as survivors of First Contact in Enterprise. This I thought could have gone somewhere. Maybe in a future movie.

Dr. Noonian Soong (Brent Spiner) might be dead by Kirk's time though - or very, very old.

I think Khan was already alive (or in stasis) when Captain Archer faced the Augments. And I think it was a 3 part mini-series within the series.

I'm not thrilled with the idea of them revisiting old storylines so soon; but we'll see how it turns out.

Wonder who they will get to play Kahn?
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    I thought that the Soong on Enterprise was an ancestor of Noonien Soong, and that Noonien was after the TOS timeline.
    Oh. Duh. You're right. That was Arik Soong on Enterprise.

Noonian Soong was still alive and able to have one last reunion with Data in TNG. What was I thinking?!

Noonian Soong might be very much alive in Kirk's time.

However, Khan had to have been created much earlier - not by Noonian Soong, but maybe by scientists who worked with Arik Soong, or a relative.