If you were in charge of Lego for one year......

So i was thinking of sets that I would love to see Lego tackle and it got me thinking, what if you were hired by Lego to run the product line for the upcoming year.. what sets or themes would you introduce, update or bring back to retail.

For me my list would be something like this:

Batman - i feel we got some really cool sets from both the intial run of the theme as well as the Dark Knight sets but there is still so much that Lego can do with The Dark Knight.

The Dukes of Hazzard - basically i really want a General Lee done in Lego. they could even make it a 2 pack called The Chase with the General Lee and Rosco's Police Car, mini figures can be Bo and Luke Duke as well as Daisy, Rosco and Flash the Hound and maybe Ennis.

Knight Rider - again another classic TV show that can really have some great possibilites - I mean that can red the Lego Spy Series for the Truck and give us a set with KITT, Michael Knight, and maybe a few other Lego figures.

Scooby Doo - this wouold be a great kid friendly (similiar to Toy Story) way of bringing in the classic cartoon and movies as well as re-introducing the old Lego Studio series Horror sets (Wolfman, Dracula, Mummy) as well as revamping the Harry Potter Graveyard set as well.

The A-Team - since we have the new movie coming out this year perhaps Lego could jump on the bandwagon and give us the Classic A-Team van with BA, Hannibal, Face and Murdock, perhaps Face's corvette, a few army vehicles and even a villians set.

The Justice League - this is a great way for fans to get classic superheroes such as Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern etc as well as classic villians like Lex Luther, Black Mantis, Bizarro, Doomsday, Darksied etc plus it's a great opportunity to get The Hall of Justice. plus some of the vehicles Super Friends Batmobile, Wonder Woman's invisible jet, Superman's plane, etc.

series that I would bring back:

Harry Potter - re-release all the old sets (only one version of Hogwarts) and introduce new sets to reflect Order of the Phoenix, Half Blood Prince, and the Deathly Hallows.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Dukes of Hazzard? Really? Man I don't see that happening in a million years. I loved the show as a kid, but I don't think I'd want LEGO DoH sets. I loved those other TV shows too back in the day but my interest in them is gone now.

And like those old 80s TV shows, HP's popularity has come and gone. It's strength as a marketable toy line peaked with the second film and went downhill from there. The kids that grew up with the franchise are now in their teens and twenties and probably not likely to buy LEGO. The films have grown a lot darker as Harry & co. got older so the innocence and cuteness of the first installment is a distant memory. The last few movies are less likely to draw in toy-buying parents with younger children who would've loved the franchise if they'd been around for the first one.

Superheroes - I'm just not really interested in them at all.

I do think Scooby-Doo is a good choice and am still surprised LEGO hasn't picked up the license. When I started collecting again as an adult in '98, Scooby-Doo was experiencing a resurgence of popularity and I remember sitting at the dining room table rebuilding all my old LEGO sets while watching a SD marathon on Cartoon Network. Even then I wanted some Scooby sets. SD has such great potential as theme! I'd love to have the Mystery Machine, a few haunted houses, a malt shop, and all the monster mini-figs.

I might entertain some LEGO Smurf sets. I watched the toon every Saturday morning when I was a kid and am still fond of them. There are Smurf toys out there again and I noticed that the German toy-maker Schleich has made some really nice mushroom houses that are available at TRU. I might pick up them up some day if I catch them on sale. I think Smurfs would make a fine subtheme of Castle.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    Harry Potter - re-release all the old sets (only one version of Hogwarts) and introduce new sets to reflect Order of the Phoenix, Half Blood Prince, and the Deathly Hallows.
    I don't know if you like the Lego video games, but I was this on the Toys R' Us website the other day. I love the Lego Star Wars for the Wii and think that a Harry Potter could be really cool too. Maybe we'll see some new Lego sets to go with the release of the game.