Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What sort of EU nonsense is this?!?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/T-24_airspeeder

Are you kidding me? This is what passed Lucas Licensing 9 years ago??? This is the dopiest thing I've ever seen. It smacks of laziness. "Well, it'll be a snowspeeder but without cannons, and we'll put an Imperial Shuttle-type wing on the top, that'll say 'prequels', right?"

That has to be one of the goofiest things the EU has puked out in the last 10 years.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'm still shocked that people are surprised at how lame the EU is.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

C'mon, be fair, this is WAY lamer than a lot of the EU, something like the V-wing (EU) is miles above this turkey.

Plus, this is a design that is very OT, yet takes place early in the PT.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Indeed it is way lamer (and HIGHLY unimaginitive) but to me it seems that the EU is just scrapping the bottom of the barrel more and more lately. Zombie stormies? C'mon...
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    That has to be one of the goofiest things the EU has puked out in the last 10 years.
    Apparently you've forgotten everything that takes place after Return of the Jedi.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

What's so goofy about it? It's made by the same company that makes the T-47, so why shouldn't it have some similarities? We had the TIE Fighter, and Darth Vader's TIE, then TIE Bombers and TIE Interceptors. EU added TIE Defenders and other similar ships. If it is because it is a bad design, then perhaps that is why so few were made.

So I shouldn't mention that I kind of liked it in that Kenobi/Jinn comic? Don't car companies (you remember them... used to make cars, people sometimes bought them?) put similar molding and features on/in their models? I don't think it's carp; this, as has been alluded to here, is tame compared to a TIE Ugly (real) or the difficult-to-envision CursiveQ-Wing Fighter (not real... yet ).
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    Apparently you've forgotten everything that takes place after Return of the Jedi.
    Or everything that take place before a New Hope.

Wait, thats not fair. Knight of the Old Republic for Xbox is cool.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    Indeed it is way lamer (and HIGHLY unimaginitive) but to me it seems that the EU is just scrapping the bottom of the barrel more and more lately. Zombie stormies? C'mon...
    Ding ding!