Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Pegwarming Legacy Figures?

At the walmart closest to me in Hazleton, PA there was a glut of ANH figures with Leesub Sirln and Han Solo proving to be the biggest warmers of the wave. Back in late November/ early December this walmart received about 10 cases of ANH. There are still 7 Leesubs and 7 Hans. 3 Hrcheks, 2 R2-D2s, 2 Scanning Troopers, one Ki-Adi Mundi, and no Jawas or Chewbaccas. It's possible that there were more of certain figures that I missed.

I'm a little disappointed that Leesub is performing less than stellar locally as she's a figure that I've personally been clamoring for to be made. Though I guess given the nature of the character (pink, female, strange alien.) I sortof was expecting her to struggle. Usually the collector oriented figures come and go rather quickly in Hazleton. (that includes most of the recently "pulled" figures.)

The ROTS wave seems to have more pegwarmers even though I think this wave was initially in shorter supply. Colton, Plo Koon, Agen Kolar seem to be the biggest offenders of the wave, and now that the Jedi have shipped in another case asst as "carry forward" figures I fear they in particular will be a problem later.

The ROTJ wave seems to have come and gone from my area without much problem. Although Giran and Malakili seemed to move the slowest. Actually Malakili is keeping a full peg warm at the Target in Wilkes-Barre, PA while the rest of the wave seems like it did ok.

TPM and ESB came and went within days of showing up at pretty much every store. No pegwarmers whatsoever from these waves. TPM figures are actually coming back though in the form of the bargain two packs and I'm not concerned about them selling through.

So to recap, these are the figures that cause me the most concern as of now: Leesub Sirln, Han Solo, Jeromoch Colton, Plo Koon, Agen Kolar, Malakili.

How is BAD doing in everyone else's area? Any problem figures beginning to emerge? Is Leesub doing just as bad everywhere else?
    Most wanted "bottom-of-the-barrel scrapes": ANH: Kal'Falnl C'ndros, Revwien (concept art), Tzizvvt ESB: Wiorkettle, Treva Horme ROTJ: Cane Adiss, Loje Nella TPM: Edcel Bar Gane AOTC: Rogwa Wodrata ROTS: Mon Calamari Dancer, Veedaaz Awmetth, Eeusu Estornii EU: Guri (red outfit), Ket Maliss

I don't think I've even seen the ANH wave at my local Wal-Mart, with the exception of a lone concept Ki-Adi-Mundi sometime in December. Here, the pegwarmers are all in the ROTJ wave, primarily the ones you mentioned like Malakili.

I have managed to find Leesub and Hrchek Kal Fas, but I had to buy them at two different Target stores out of town. I wish that wave would show up here because I definitely want to get the Jawa with Security Droid!
    "Is that the Six Million Dollar Man's boss?"

Colton and Plo Koon are the worst Legacy pegwarmers here. But their numbers are small compared to the amount of Legends pegwarming. Theres not a whole lot of Legacy even on the pegs, so either they haven't gotten much in, or they sell out pretty quick.

Jeremoch Colton
    Utai
    Plo Koon
    Commander Bacara
    Agen Kolar
    Ugnaught (Variant 1)
    Captain Needa

It is always interestng to hear about the state of pegs in other parts of the country.

This situation here is most dire. Last year it was all about Breha and Yarna. Currently, Major Panno, Vizam, Giran, and Nien Numb are hogging up space in the legacy shelves. Most of my stores are packed with product to the point that I just ordered the ESB wave online because I know I will never see it in the stores. Same with the EU wave.

Last year was bad, I have a feeling this year will be much worse. The only plus is at least Hasbro is coming forward and admitting we shouldn't expect anthing until the Fall. Last spring and summer were insanely frustrating for me, so I can at least spare myself the torture of fruitless toy runs in 2010.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype]"There was Rocketman, trying to get out, and here comes the cliff, and just before the car went off the cliff, he jumped free! And all the kids cheered! But I didn't cheer. I stood right up and started shouting. This isn't what happened last week! Have you all got amnesia? They just cheated us! This isn't fair! HE DID'NT GET OUT OF THE COCKADOODIE CAR!" - Annie Wilkes [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Old Fossil View Post
    Jeremoch Colton
    Utai
    Plo Koon
    Commander Bacara
    Agen Kolar
    Ugnaught (Variant 1)
    Captain Needa
    The only ones from that wave I've seen are Plo Koon and Agen Kolar, but they were from the next wave with HK-50 BAD pieces.

There really isn't a lot of Legacy around here to consider them to be pegwarming, except for the blue/white packaging that Fred Meyer got stuck with. They still have a lot of those. Wal-Mart has 4 pegs of newer Legacy.

The worst offenders in my area have been from the Return of the Jedi wave. Luke, Leia and the Ewoks were nearly impossible to find, but others have sold poorly. The Target by my house has 10 pegs dedicated to each of the 3 lines. They were such a mess I separated them into the correct lines and all 10 Legacy/BAD pegs were full of the same 6 figures: Major Panno, the 2nd Ugnaught, Malakili, Nien Nunb, Giran, and the Nikto Gunner, plus they actually spilled over and took 2 of the Saga Legends Pegs too I bet they had 20 Malakilis... I should have counted

From the Revenge of the Sith wave the only figure that seems to be warming is the Utai. The Walmart I frequent and 1 full peg plus a couple others. They have a couple Colton figures too, but not as many as I would have thought. When I was there today, they only had a couple each of Plo Koon and Agen Kolar and they all are repacks with the HK-50 part.

The A New Hope wave has sold through well here. I have only seen it a few times, but nothing is warming from that wave. I saw Leesub once and never saw her again.

The Empire Strikes Back wave has sold really well. Even the repacks of Commander Bacara and Commander Deviss have sold well.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofsokol View Post
    The worst offenders in my area have been from the Return of the Jedi wave. Luke, Leia and the Ewoks were nearly impossible to find, but others have sold poorly. The Target by my house has 10 pegs dedicated to each of the 3 lines. They were such a mess I separated them into the correct lines and all 10 Legacy/BAD pegs were full of the same 6 figures: Major Panno, the 2nd Ugnaught, Malakili, Nien Nunb, Giran, and the Nikto Gunner, plus they actually spilled over and took 2 of the Saga Legends Pegs too I bet they had 20 Malakilis... I should have counted
    That's kind of a shame, because the ROTJ wave never really made an appearance in my area. I saw 2 Lukes and 1 Leia in the stores near me. Everything else from that wave I had to go out of town for or order off the internet.

Right now the worst pegwarmers are Saga Legends figures. They are absolutely flooding the pegs and crowding everything else out, including the Clone Wars line (which has it's fair share of pegwarmers).

We did get a bunch of those BOGO packs with the ANH and TPM waves. They've even been marked down to $5, which is $2.50 per figure. I wouldn't call them pegwarmers, however, because they just showed up a couple of days ago.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I think the theme here is that distribution is inconsistent at best.

It seems like all we have been getting in my area is the anh wave and some rotj. The only figure I would call a pegwarmer is Leesub Sirloin or whatever her name is. I really don't know why she ever made it out in the first place. I didn't even know she was in the film until I saw the figure. Apparently, a lot of people around here don't know/care about her either. I've never seen more than 1 Malakili on the pgs at any given store. The same goes for most of the rest of the ROTJ wave.

Please, join my betting pool: Will Malakili will peg warm worse than his PotF2 offering.

Peg warming now beyond spotty and infrequent distribution (i bet I don't see another new case of figures opened up until august here), is complicated right now because of BAD. Look at what the repacke offering the same droid part is. Could a clone or other core character or even alien be favored over the peg warmer?
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)